Commonwealth BRC!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagonative17

Reaction score
This is the official location of the NEW TRF Best Rocket Competition. This is a monthly event to show off your "stuff" and find out who has THE BEST ROCKET OF THE MONTH! When entering, make sure you follow the criteria listed below and you will do fine. From the 21st until the end of the month will be polling to see who should win the Best Rocket Competition. If you so happen to win, Commonwealth has offered to supply a free rocketry component or kit!

This months competition is: Holiday Themed!

1. Header of picture must include, name, what kit or was it custom, LPR, MPR or HPR.
2. A BRIEF discription of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month.
4. No extended off topic conversations.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.
6. Can only have a rocket in competition ONE time.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of everymonth the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month will be polling on who should win in each class.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!

Good luck to you all... AND HAVE FUN!

Well Tis The Season...HO HO HO!
So I've gotta enter my Micro flying Christmas Tree. LPR group:
Each tear of the tree is actually 2 different size nesting cones to keep the weight down and built strength. Branch details are hand cut vinyl appled in 3 colors. Core is a standard T2+ tube with Balsa nose block in the top tear the model recovers on a 5" mylar chute. Base ring and stand lag/fins are .030" clear lexan with hand cut vinyl details. The Micro version doesn't have working lights but I have a 10.5mm size version that has working mini lights powered by a 3V lith battery for night flying LOL. I'm not sure why the irridecent pearl silverglitter paint doesn't show up well in the indoor still photo but it does a little better in the outdoor on pad pic.
The Micro Christmas three has about 6 or 8 flights on it.

If you'd like to build one there's a 3 page free download in the files section of the micromaxx yahoo group.

I have several other Christmas Theme Odd-Rocs we can show later if it looks like folks aren't into the spirit of the season later in the month LOL!
A very Marry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone!

View attachment MM 266a-sm_5.25in Christmas Tree_11-24-02.jpg

MM 266b1-sm_Christmas Tree_on Pad_04-27-03.jpg

MM 266b2-sm_Christmas Tree_mid Flight_04-27-03.jpg

12-12-2007-01.jpg100_1686.jpg 100_1688.jpg 100_1692.jpg

This is my scratch built LPR, the North Pole Express. It's red and white striped body is supposed to be representative of the North Pole and/or a Candy Cane. The second picture was trying to show the custom made lettering. You might not can tell from the picture, but its supposed to be snow on top of the letters. The fourth picture shows one of the other decals which is on the back of the rocket.

Thats not snow it the first picture - its Cotton

For a bigger picture and more information: https://www.freewebs.com/msurocketgurl/northpoleexpress.htm

Well, I will go ahead and throw my 2 bits-err saucers in! :) Here is it's gappy festive colored Frick'N'Frack! We all know what it is and what motors it takes- LPR and B6-0/B6-0..Flies great, spin recovery superb- except when a tree branch gets in the way!:rotflol: Here it is on the launch pad ready to go to the sky again! :)
FricknFrack005.jpg

Well here it is almost mid month and only 3 Chrimstmas/holiday theme Models, HO Man...In my best Andy Williams voice! "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the YEAR"

Well not for the contest but just to get folks in the spirit, a few more
Christimas time Holiday rockets, for you viewing pleasure.
enjoy:)

242a-sm_MM Snowman 7mm_12-15-00.jpg

267a-sm_MM CandleStick & Holder OddRoc_11-24-02.jpg

279a-sm_MM Icicle Oddroc_01-01-00.jpg

409a01-sm_10,5mm-Lite-ChrjistmasTree_12-19-00.jpg

Back