Come on, Boeing.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Optional door, in this plane it wasn't supposed to be.
From news article: Those are spots in the fuselage shaped similar to a door that aren't designed to open, even when the aircraft is on the ground. They could be converted to doors if the airline needs an extra boarding door.

This is what happens to a company when the engineers are thrown off the BOD and replaced by the bean counters.
Exactly, Phil Condit was the last of the engineers to run the company. After him Stonecipher took over and began the long journey down to emulate what he had done to his previous company.
He was all about the $$$ and the ways he could make cuts to make more $$$$

Initial reports I have read say that a boy and his mom were sitting there, and that the boy lost his shirt.
Gives new meaning to the expression "Boy, I really lost my shirt on that one".
Ok, I raised 5 kids and have 6 grandkids. I know what it takes to get a shirt off of a kid. Thank Almighty God and/or an apparently a tight seat belt and probably Mom holding on for dear life that he didn't get sucked out. What a terrifying ordeal that must have been! All the way down, figure approach and landing is what, about 170 mph?

Back