Clear shipping labels for decals?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunstar

Reaction score
I was at Staples and saw Avery has full sheet clear shipping lables (inkjet or laser, Avery #7665) . Has anyone tried using these for decals? If so how are they? I suspect they are a bit thick so I didn't buy them but if others have had good results I'd like to know.

I haven't tried them so don't have an answer.

But I can't recall anyone ever expressing any fondness for the clear-backed stickers that come in some kits. And that is putting it nicely. Do you have any particular reason to be interested in these, other than simple curiosity? I can maybe imagine that at large sizes, waterslides become unwieldy, but then again applying a large sticker seems difficult as well. Not sure if the same sort of techniques used for applying vinyl would work for those.

I haven't tried them so don't have an answer.

But I can't recall anyone ever expressing any fondness for the clear-backed stickers that come in some kits. And that is putting it nicely. Do you have any particular reason to be interested in these, other than simple curiosity? I can maybe imagine that at large sizes, waterslides become unwieldy, but then again applying a large sticker seems difficult as well. Not sure if the same sort of techniques used for applying vinyl would work for those.

I'm planning on something that will require a somewhat large custom decal. This seemed cheaper than printing waterslides.

I was at Staples and saw Avery has full sheet clear shipping lables (inkjet or laser, Avery #7665) . Has anyone tried using these for decals? If so how are they? I suspect they are a bit thick so I didn't buy them but if others have had good results I'd like to know.
I think so... I got these printed at a Kinkos

1687312370620.png1687312391270.png

Read about it here...

Back