CJ's "PUNISHER" build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm YES, you are missing something...LOL Quit think'n & pull the trigger.....BUY it or regret it later

IT IS THE BIG DEAL.....THE ONE BLACK SAT. IS ALL ABOUT. A real high quality DD kit, made from the newest high tech parts out here.... including ALUMINUM bulk plates for under.....WAY under 100.00 bucks and I'm going to show you how to build it....no one else has done that!!@#$#ks!

Not a 99.00 special. A 89.00 special.

When flown it will PUNISH all the other 3in 54mm motor mounts KITS!

Dang! Almost resisted. Okay, I'm in and $89 lighter. Tried to tell myself my Comp 3 short with HED (learned that from the Jimbo Jart) was just the same; but NO way it's 4.3 lbs finished

Last edited:
I found out that she cheated in that drag race, CJ let it slip in a phone conversation that he gave her some "magic dust" at Airfest. She swears she didn't use it, but that was a serious butt whuppin' there....
If you do race her, don't put any money on it.

Mark.... this question has been asked may times before, the answer is:

It was done before and turned out to be a nightmare. This one wanted to substitute this for that, that one wanted to substitute that for this...etc.
Many fliers already have the supplies needed and companied about having to pay for stuff already in their shop.

This way the price is obscenely cheap, and you can do what you want, with what you have on hand,or pick and choose the parts you wish to buy.

Jim, fair enough.

I found out that she cheated in that drag race, CJ let it slip in a phone conversation that he gave her some "magic dust" at Airfest. She swears she didn't use it, but that was a serious butt whuppin' there....

Can I say it.....

in keeping with the topic of this thread....

you were punished

Can't wait to start building this rocket!

Hey.... that ain't cheat'n! That's just use'n what "better living through chemistry" provides!

It's what happens when you enter drag races where you must wear a dress if you lose..... ya learn all kind of sneaky tricks to prevent that!

Just goes to show......."Do you believe in magic?" Some of us do.........obviously!

PS: Sharon... I'm having some custom "Punisher" vinyl designed and cut. I'll send you a set when their finished.

Last edited:
I found out that she cheated in that drag race, CJ let it slip in a phone conversation that he gave her some "magic dust" at Airfest. She swears she didn't use it,

There is some photographic evidence. If you look at the slow-mo, there is simultaneous smoke from both motors to start, but then Sharon's pressurizes like it was on steroids. I recall someone (hushed tones... CJ) writing that his starters could light an ice cube. Probably not enough for a conviction though... even if you found an APCP flagration expert to testify.

I wish I coulda got this kit. I love the looks, and the size, but 54mm moors are just a bit too expensive right now. Oh, and I was out of money for the kit itself too...
But man, a kit like that at $90, with Teddy's harnesses at $39, that's unheard of! Awesome, Awesome.

Nate Yarger

Wayne I sent you a note via PM....

But just to let others know...this thing is easily converted into a kick-butt 75mm minimum diameter "Punisher". Just leave out the guts. The fins are already from a minimum kit!

I just finished painting the black metal flake details on my "Punisher".

It looks "wicked bad". Will post them in a few hours when dry!

I missed out this year do to being sick for so long . And starting my L3 build . Hope the offerings stay around and go in the line up

I just finished painting the black metal flake details on my "Punisher".

It looks "wicked bad". Will post them in a few hours when dry!

Jim,

can't wait to see that. We picked one of these bad boys up as well. This will be a great rocket. This and the 4" Jart might be my 2 favorite birds.

How is the fit at the aft end with a 75 mm case? I'm guessing these thin wall tubes are less than the 3.125 " diameter of an AT or CTI closure, so there should be a bit of a lip. Nothing a layer or two of tip-tip won't take care of I suppose.

Wayne I sent you a note via PM....

But just to let others know...this thing is easily converted into a kick-butt 75mm minimum diameter "Punisher". Just leave out the guts. The fins are already from a minimum kit!

Jim,

If there is one I feel I missed out on, it is this one. I experience it vicariously through yours.

Jim,

If there is one I feel I missed out on, it is this one. I experience it vicariously through yours.

Last edited:
A HA!!

I have figured out Tim & Jim's evil master plan. You all wonder how Wildman can offer such great deals? Well, I've uncovered the scam and I'm here to warn you all. Check out this screen shot from the RockSim file for the new Punisher :
cbfins.jpg
Do you see it? That's right - CARDBOARD FINS!!
And you all thought this was going to be such a great quality rocket, didn't you? I bet lots of you fell for this scam and thought you were getting such a great deal during Black Saturday. Man I feel bad for everyone that got ripped off like this. "Punisher" indeed. I tell you what - everyone that fell prey to this most evil plot, send the rockets to me and I'll make sure they get dealt with properly. Don't even open the packages when you get them, it will only break your heart to see firsthand how you've been deceived. And you certainly don't want to build and fly these dangerous craft - there might be children around and safety is very important. You probably wouldn't get past the RSO anyway - they'd simply laugh in your face at how you've been fooled, and you certainly don't need to and insult to injury.
Send me the rockets, I'll take care of this. Tim and Jim will be "punished" I assure you.

s6

ps: you might want to send me whatever motors/reloads you also bought during this "sale", as you won't have a rocket to fly them in now and anyways, it's probably some sort of fake propellant anyway.

Last edited:
A HA!!

I have figured out Tim & Jim's evil master plan. You all wonder how Wildman can offer such great deals? Well, I've uncovered the scam and I'm here to warn you all. Check out this screen shot from the RockSim file for the new Punisher :
View attachment 247869
And you all thought this was going to be such a great quality rocket, didn't you? I bet lots of you fell for this scam and thought you were getting such a great deal during Black Saturday. Man I feel bad for everyone that got ripped off like this. "Punisher" indeed. I tell you what - everyone that fell prey to this most evil plot, send the rockets to me and I'll make sure they get dealt with properly. Don't even open the packages when you get them, it will only break your heart to see firsthand how you've been deceived. And you certainly don't want to build and fly these dangerous craft - there might be children around and safety is very important. You probably wouldn't get past the RSO anyway - they'd simply laugh in your face at how you've been fooled, and you certainly don't need to and insult to injury.
Send me the rockets, I'll take care of this. Tim and Jim will be "punished" I assure you.

s6

Keeping with the theme... CJ we know you were being helpful, but no good deed goes un-PUNISHED

Maybe ground hog day 2016. My build pile is more of a mountain.

Thanks CJ! Now I am really regretting not getting a Punisher. But I do have something very similar and it weighs 5lbs. You guys are going to love head end deployment, nothing beats flying 10-12k and only landing about a 1/4 mile away.

A HA!!

View attachment 247869

s6

ps: you might want to send me whatever motors/reloads you also bought during this "sale", as you won't have a rocket to fly them in now and anyways, it's probably some sort of fake propellant anyway.

Hey.......!

Tim told me to do SOMETHING to save an extra 10 bucks....so I did!
But.....YOU jumped the gun buddy.

I haven't finished the build instructions , heck they are barely started.You'll see they turn out fine and will pass ANY RSO inspection....here's the part you haven't read YET..........

"After soaking the cardboard in CA" .....stiffen's them up plenty 'MO good! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I went back and fixed the goof...thanks for pointing it out.......in a funny way too. Above files "should" be corrected. I did those last night in 30 minutes from memory, other than the fin drawing, I had at hand drawn on cardboard......Oh heck....that's how that happened.....THEY WERE CARDBOARD at the time I drew them......

blackjack2564 said:
You no longer need an av-bay or payload, [or use a payload & av-bay if you desire] as you now use the NC coupler with BP's as the av-bay! Build the NC coupler just like a normal av-bay...with BP's on both ends, altimeter sled inside, arranged the same way you are familiar with.
Slide the completed av-bay/ NC shoulder into the NC after attaching recovery gear.
The NC gets shear-pinned to the coupler with the main & shock cord neatly packed inside! Wildman calls this H.E.D. head end deploy.
[or simply DD utilizing the nose cone]

Man, I have wanted to do this since I first read about dual deployment. Bummed you guys beat me to it, but excited to get it in kit form!

View attachment 247795

When ordering don't forget:

rail buttons [1010]
3ft of Kevlar strap for Y-harness to motor mount
30 or 40 in Recon Recovery chute [soft or hard surface landings]
or
Top flight 45in chute

12in nomex chute protector.
1/4in kevlar shock cord
15ft [5yrds] for main
24ft [8yrds] for apogee

Aero-Pac 54 motor retainer

Ah! The shadows in thumbnail made the tail look boat, but clicking to get the full size I can see it is a regular retainer. Looks like RA54P, time to buy one along with the rest of what I missed yesterday.

Last edited:
Hopefully other kits will soon follow, something with a 38mm mount maybe. I am excited to see the new batch of thin walled glass kits. They just might tempt me to buy my first fiberglass kit. As it is this Punisher is the best looking WM kit going. Well done, wish I saw it yesterday!

I gotta say, even though I have yet to see one in person, this nose cone is THE coolest thing. I can't wait for these to be generally available, and in smaller sizes too. I've scratch-built a couple of rockets using this general principle, but having something purpose-designed and commercially available is so cool. The whole setup also whole lot "cleaner" than the things I've scratch-built or cobbed together.

One thing I hadn't thought of, but is brilliant, is the phenolic tip. Those aluminum tipped cones (and I have a few) are cool yes, but they are needlessly heavy, especially in the smaller sizes. Also, lining them up has always been a MAJOR p.i.t.a. (I know that some of the more recent ones have a lip built into them - it's great to see the new phenolic ones have this feature).

PLEASE, PLEASE someone make these new cones in 2.6", 54mm, and 38mm (29mm too?). In my mind THIS should be the standard way cones are designed and made. Kudos to Wildman for bringing these to market. The Punisher rocket should be a winner (cool fin shape too - and yes I recognize it).

s6

Back