Centuri Orion vacuform wraps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grafgulch

Reaction score
I've have a question for you all. I'm in the process developing a set of vacuformed wraps to clone the Centuri Orion kit. The original wrap for this kit is a cut-down Saturn 1b wrap. Since Centuri just cut down the S1b wrap for the Orion kit, this made the details on the wraps non-symmetrical, such as the remaining 3 retrorocket fairings are not evenly spaced. My question is should I correct this and make all the details symmetrical or should I try and faithfully reproduce the wrap as it was? See pic of original wrap below.

kc-8g_cropped.jpg

Thanks,

Paul

You kinda answered your question already... Do you want a reproduction or a new item. I like the repros but if it were me, I'd go with a new design (ie symmetrical). I like the idea of it being "all mine" vs somebody else's....that said, I love cloning others ideas. But when I do that, its a "one off" for me.

I just want to give people what they want. I should say I plan on selling these if they turn out ok.

I would prefer a straight reproduction, but an original design would be good if it has approximately the same density of objects.

(I have five sets of Orion wraps, so I might not be the immediate customer you're looking for! :) )

Thanks for the reply.. it's cool you have all those sets. It's fun to clone old kits.

Back