Cardstock "twins" and a question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried to shrink my build pile by working on a couple of cardstock kits, the Sunward Space Speedster and the Model Minutes Space Racer. Didn't realize they were nearly identical until I had the packages side by side and looked at the face cards. They even have the same pattern on the fin pods.

Which brings me to my question: Why the similarities between two kits from two different companies? They are both Canadian, did Sunward acquire Model Minutes when they folded? Also I've noticed that Sunward's Galactic Wave and Gravity Rider kits are remarkably similar to Canaroc's Starfighter Scorpion and Starship Antares kits. Did the designer work for Canaroc then later move to Sunward? Or did Sunward acquire the rights to the designs when Canaroc folded? Would like to hear from anyone who knows the answer, especially our friends up north. Cheers.IMG_20180625_110200.jpg

... a couple of cardstock kits...did Sunward acquire Model Minutes when they folded? ...
<rimshot!> :)

Because you liked those cool cardstock rockets, you also might like: the Centuri Vulcan
ka-10@.gif

ka-10@.gif

https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/ka-10.htm

Dang those image icons with the red X, why can't TRF just show the image at this web address?
https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/centuri/[email protected]

Okay, after reloading the page, NOW they show up. Twice!

Thanks Glen. I actually downloaded the Centuri Two Bitz and Vulcan skins and printed them on cardstock a while ago, along with about 50 or 60 other cardstock rockets from various online sources, as well as a few aircraft models from fiddlersgreen. It's in my "cardstock build pile".

IMG_20180628_190819.jpg

:eek:
Concentrating on the kitted cardstock stuff first. Still have three more Model Minutes kits to go. Plus my "regular" build pile. Trying to get it done in my lifetime. Cheers.
;)

Last edited:
Back