• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carbon Fiber Prepreg tape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redgp4

Reaction score
I have a around 200 feet of uni directional carbon fiber high temp pre-pregnated tape that is 2 feet wide, this is aeronautical quality carbon that had time expired but can still be used for rocketry, this prepreg has a curing temp of around 300 deg. for one hour. I will deliver to BALLS in September. I bought this for a project that is no longer going to happen so my lose is your gain. I hate to see this stuff go to waste so if any body going to BALLS wants to take it off my hands it is yours, it is taking up room in my freezer and needs to go . [email protected]

I hate to see this stuff go to waste so if any body going to BALLS wants to take it off my hands it is yours, it is taking up room in my freezer and needs to go.

Prepeg is cloth that is pre-pregnated with resin, you lay out the cloth on a mold and then cure it in a oven, when it is removed you are done, the cloth has the resin in it, this type of material is used in aero space, boating and racing to mention a few.

Very cool... So its is sticky and wet or does it feel dry before you heat it?

How much heat is needed?

A lot more money then regular composites?

Seems like it would be neat if there are good ways to use it for tube construction.

I had a person how wanted my carbon prepeg and stated that they would pick it up at BALLS, I have lost that email and was wondering if you still want it, if you see this please email me. [email protected]

I'd be happy to take a bit off your hands as well Ill be at XPRS.

Back