3D Printing BT-80 fin can

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roytyson

Reaction score
Does anyone have an easy BT-80 fin can stl with a 24mm motor mount? Nothing fancy required, looking for something light weight where I wont cry when a stash of E9s cato.

Happy Thanksgiving, Roy.

Would you be looking for something like this? It's not a "fin can". Rather, they are MMTs. These are scaled for 18mm but I'd be happy to build out a BT-80 with 24mm if you're interested.

Also, if you have an example of what you're looking for, I could try to model something for you.

1700776993030.png

Let me know what you need and I can either help you look or try putting something together :)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2334664
Thanks, just a simple 3 fin can that I can attach to a BT80 tube. A friend has a stash of E9, that well, have a higher cato rate than anyone would want. We thought that with simple cheap printed fincans, they can be swapped out if we experience damage.

Hey Roy.

Take a look at this and see if it will do what you need. I took the Krusty model and upscaled it for BT80 with a 24mm motor tube. The model is configured to use a 24mm MMT as a sleeve to protect the fin can from the motor heat. I have also included a 24mm retainer. It's untested. I pulled the measurements from OpenRocket tube entries, so it may need minor tweaking but I have had pretty good results with this method.

It could use a little more work b/c it's a little chunky. You might want to keep the infill perc lower.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-23 211432.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 211432.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BT-80 Fin Can with Retaine_mk1.stl
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Hey Roy.

Take a look at this and see if it will do what you need. I took the Krusty model and upscaled it for BT80 with a 24mm motor tube. The model is configured to use a 24mm MMT as a sleeve to protect the fin can from the motor heat. I have also included a 24mm retainer. It's untested. I pulled the measurements from OpenRocket tube entries, so it may need minor tweaking but I have had pretty good results with this method.

It could use a little more work b/c it's a little chunky. You might want to keep the infill perc lower.
Frogglicker, that is awesome. Let me confer with the user and see if this will work for him.

I really appreciate that someone would take the time to design something just for asking. I can print almost anything, but designing, still learning. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back