BRB900 GPS Tracker

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been reading and researching trackers for awhile now. I have decoded I really like price and capability of the BRB900. I read on here about someone using an iPhone hiking app to find the rocket with the GPS coordinates. I have looked and haven't found this app yet. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

There is an app called Digital Compass Pro that allows you to enter GPS coords as POI info. An arrow then directs you. You may also need DMS Converter to convert the coords.

Are there any apps that show you a satellite map? I guess I could enter the coordinates into Google maps but that would require a better internet data signal than I get out at the Rocket Pasture.

Take a look at TopoMaps and MapsWithMe to see what you think. The former uses USGS maps. The latter has sort of low resolution "street" maps. Try googling "downloadable iPhone maps" or something similar to find more...

I like MotionX-GPS. It has lots of good features including downloadable sat maps.

Correction, it will download road and topo maps but not sat. I find topo maps are enough though. I have an iPad app called openMaps that will download sat images so I can always use that if needed, but I would prefer walking around with just the iPhone.

Correction, it will download road and topo maps but not sat. I find topo maps are enough though. I have an iPad app called openMaps that will download sat images so I can always use that if needed, but I would prefer walking around with just the iPhone.

There is an iPhone app called openMaps. So far I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back