Booster stage for an ACME spitfire.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman

Reaction score
i am working on a booster stage for my ACME spitfire, and have also built an 18mm version, which works quite well. Has anyone else tried to do this?

I don't have an Acme Spitfire, but I'd love to see photos of yours.

I've chatted with Woodsman about this project and encouraged him to come to TRF to do a thread on it. Sounds like a very exciting project and am interested to see how the design looks and works... :)

Making a change to THE Fliskits Spitfire is almost like trying to add on to the Mona Lisa, or the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. (Feeling a little intimidated, woodsman? We'll be watching you!)

Making a change to THE Fliskits Spitfire is almost like trying to add on to the Mona Lisa, or the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. (Feeling a little intimidated, woodsman? We'll be watching you!)

I was thinking more like painting over Salvador Dali's The Persistence of Memory.:rolleyes:

If the ACME Spitfire is art it's more surreal.;)

Last edited:
I wonder.... how many souls on here have a spifire? i would reccomend the build to most anyone. as a sheet metal worker i can appreciate the math involved on the round offsets. I built a C powered version of my own design while waiting for the real one to arrive. It looks cool but is underpowered, mostly because my version is heavy. i iused thick cardboard stock for my tube which i would not do again... this overweight situation has led to the thought of a first stage..... would be easier on my version because mine had a flat bottom and no engine hook.

Back