BattlePark is back! 1st launch of 2014/15 season Nov. 7, 8, & 9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike: When Mike and I go back to get my rocket, we'll look around to see we can find Mike's rocket. To be honest if you don't have GPS coordinates, I doubt we will be able to find it. It's really nasty up on the hill.

I flew my RW 6" Stinger on a 54 mm research K650 and a 75 mm research L850. The propellant was Tiger Tail. The K flight verified the nose cone deployment and the L, it was just to nice of a day not to fly it.

Ben

Thanks Ben. You know when me and Kitto show up to a launch, we've got too many Mikes in the club. LOL

Mike K loves to fly them high and enjoys the search almost as much as watching the launch. Even though the weather was near ideal, there was just a bit too much motor and upper winds for Mikes bird even though he was only using a streamer. We were talking about it on the way home and discussed whether a sonic beacon would of possibly helped locate the rocket.

Your Stinger looked great off the pad on both launches. I'm liking the RH stuff. I maidened my RH Formula 98 on Sunday and was very happy with it. Good looking rocket with no paint to worry about and I got the kit for $100 on sale to boot. I'm glad Kitto got back into the hobby this year..... and dragged me with into it with him. Had a great time with you all at Battle Park this year. Looking forward to 2015!

I have to agree to many Mikes but what you going to do. I believe Mike S likes the hunt for rockets as much as he likes to fly.

I do like the RW kits and have a Bruno XL coming from this year's Black Friday sale. I'm also planning on flying my Formula 150. The Stinger is easy to fly and prep with the recovery in the nose cone.

Hope you guys can make the Jan launch.

Ben

I've got it marked on the calendar,as I do Battle of the Rockets and Red Glare. I'd like to see the nose cone recovery in the Stinger next time we get together. Would love to do a fiberglass 8" Mini Magg "XL" one of these days if it's feasible. In the mean time, gotta put my big boy pants on and launch some K motors!!

Chilli

Mike - Mike's rocket has been found by the landowner. He will give it to Mike S on Sunday at church. The rocket was in a field just off of Inskeept Ln.

Gotta love our land owners.

Ben

Mike - Mike's rocket has been found by the landowner. He will give it to Mike S on Sunday at church. The rocket was in a field just off of Inskeept Ln.

Gotta love our land owners.

Ben

That's awesome!!! I'm at work and just told Mike. He's a happy camper!!

Back