Australian Dangerous Creatures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some tough web. Now that the spider killed it. What's it going to do with it? Eat it? Lay eggs in it? If that spider is so dangerous why didn't those guys kill the spider and save the snake? I would have saved the snake.

That's some tough web. Now that the spider killed it. What's it going to do with it? Eat it? Lay eggs in it? If that spider is so dangerous why didn't those guys kill the spider and save the snake? I would have saved the snake.
well they probably figured that they could make some money out of it.

Went into a rarely opened equipment room at work and found a mummified baby (?) Sidewinder in a Black Widow web. She was there, got "dispatched" but we never figured out the story.

Large huntsman. Male. Cute, and easy to handle.
And useful, too. They keep insects out of your house.

That's what the head science teacher told my wife when she took very dead one, from our flat, to school to find out what type of man eating spider it was. Her response was "not in my house".

P.S. The science teacher chewed her out for killing the spider. It was made into a paperweight by another teacher and she had it on her desk while she taught there.

Last edited:
. . .and cone snails, DuBois' sea snake, blue-ringed octopi, bluebottle jellyfish (blue seems to be an issue for New Zealand & Australia, no?).

Oh, and have a nice trip! 😆
I didn't want to go into much detail and scare them. I'll wait to do that when I see him the end of June.

Back