August Best Rocket Poll - Open - All Power Classes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August Best Rocket Poll - OPEN - All Power Classes

• Scotty Dog's Fliskit Rockstar

• stealth6's Triple Parasitic

• berlinetta's LOC Big Nuke 3E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Congratz to stealth6!:clap:

Please contact HotRod Rockets to claim your goodies! :D

Good job stealth6! Now that its over,I would like to ask what are the colors you used on it.

Good job stealth6! Now that its over,I would like to ask what are the colors you used on it.

Thanks! I quite liked your entry....purple rocket, Hendrix, clever word play - what's not to love?

As far as paint - it's actually a cheap hardware store rattle can situation. Besides playing with color, I also like to play with different reflections as well, and did so with this one. By this I mean that some areas are gloss, and some matte/flat.

The "parasite's" airframes are "Premium Decor Banner Orange" (gloss), and their nosecones and fins are "Premium Decor Flourescent Blazing Orange" (flat).

The main/booster section's airframe is "Premium Decor Fiesta Red" (gloss). I wasn't happy with any of the red/flourescent options available, so for the nose cone and fins I used a base of "Premium Decor Hot Red" with a very light blush of "Krylon Flourescent Red Glowing Orange" (flat) over it.

Speaking of flourescent rattle can paint - I've been trying to find a flat flourescent purple and am having no luck. Anybody have a source or suggestion on who makes/carries such a thing?

s6

Thanks! I quite liked your entry....purple rocket, Hendrix, clever word play - what's not to love?

As far as paint - it's actually a cheap hardware store rattle can situation. Besides playing with color, I also like to play with different reflections as well, and did so with this one. By this I mean that some areas are gloss, and some matte/flat.

The "parasite's" airframes are "Premium Decor Banner Orange" (gloss), and their nosecones and fins are "Premium Decor Flourescent Blazing Orange" (flat).

The main/booster section's airframe is "Premium Decor Fiesta Red" (gloss). I wasn't happy with any of the red/flourescent options available, so for the nose cone and fins I used a base of "Premium Decor Hot Red" with a very light blush of "Krylon Flourescent Red Glowing Orange" (flat) over it.

Speaking of flourescent rattle can paint - I've been trying to find a flat flourescent purple and am having no luck. Anybody have a source or suggestion on who makes/carries such a thing?

s6
Thanks, I do like the Fiesta Red. And Im sure it looks even better in person. My Deuces Wild Cherry I painted "Burgundy" and there is no way you can get a good pic showing that color.Anywhoo-let us know what ya get in the baggy

Back