Anyone have any advice for quitting smoking?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! Thanks Coop! I know those 'in the know' may think it's old news,but "analog cigarettes" just lays me out. There is a whole sub=culture out there Beerorkid turned me on to. I gotta try this because it's fascinating. (really-caramel???) Could you use the e-cig batteries for an altimeter??

I think I linked to it before, but there is so much info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/104ff6/

With the dual coil carto tank I feel like a dragon. It is cool as hell. Only the first day, so I will see, but I like it.

I dreamonce in awhile Im drinking.
Boy-o-boy am I a happy camper when i wake up and realize its just adream. I already HATE the smell of second hand smoke and fell sick to my gut when I smell a smoker.

Maybe lucky dog not Scotty dog ,Ive been done smoking for over five years and still almost drool on myself when Im around that damn smell ! Good luck to all that are trying to quit , cold turkey was my way all others to me was like slowly removing a bandaid . Jim

Interesting. We see more eye-to-eye than I would have imagined. Damned internet. Also, I was guilty of making an assumption in my post and I was quite ready and did in fact (until deleted) accuse you of the same. Like the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway, I don't mind debate—but I really dislike arguing. It's nice to know I'm still capable of being reasonable. On the interwebz, sometimes that gets sketchy. Peace.

Oh, just for the record: Beatles, Roxy Music and Jefferson Airplane. Told ya I was old.:eek:

Yes, I think we might agree more than we disagree. And if nobody ever disagreed, we'd all be in serious trouble. Thanks for the response. Sometimes I forget that being reasonable is permitted on the Internet!

And hey, if the kettle IS black, what else is the pot supposed to say? I mean, it takes one to know one, right?

Sully

Last edited:
Beerorkid- thats an amazing ecig. Mines a pair of pretty standard eGos but with flash colored batteries in metallic flower pattern and an upgraded tank system (clearomiser thing).

I have cut down enormously using one of these things - a single refill will keep me running almost two days, I worked it out at about 5 cigs per day equivalence which is amazing as I used to smoke between 20-30 a day. Its made me very happy.

Maybe lucky dog not Scotty dog ,Ive been done smoking for over five years and still almost drool on myself when Im around that damn smell ! Good luck to all that are trying to quit , cold turkey was my way all others to me was like slowly removing a bandaid . Jim
Sorry to hear that after 5 years you are still having issues.Dont let it get ya...Stay Free!!!!!

I am not boasting, quit cold turkey, no major withdrawals, no anger issues,still smoke free and I really do hate the smell. It turns my gut.
I am lucky.

There's program where if you get the urge to smoke you can a help line and they send someone over to drink with you...

Seriously I hear those patches work really well or try one of those fake cigerattes they sell. It has flavor of a real one.

There's program where if you get the urge to smoke you can a help line and they send someone over to drink with you...

Seriously I hear those patches work really well or try one of those fake cigerattes they sell. It has flavor of a real one.
and if you drink and are trying to stop, do they send someone over to smoke with you??????
You didnt dial that # did you?

The wife is now 2 weeks smoke free and I am about 2 weeks chew free. I pretty much only vape in the evenings when I have been drinking just for fun, but I get very few cravings for nicotine anymore. In the mornings I have no desire to vape nicotine and am at 12 mg of nicotine when I do. We are just sitting on a bunch of e-juice and I am going through it.

A guy online sent me a great kit he made that I will share about later. I have an order from china from fasttech showing up in a couple days full of stuff I do not even need anymore. The wife will get good use out of it though. She has dropped her nic level a bunch, but still enjoys vaping.

Here is a neat little vid. They are holding 2 weeks worth of cigs. Just imagine how big that pile would be at a couple months, half a year. Just really hits home.

[video=youtube;68FEIwsItr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68FEIwsItr8[/video]

Hi Vader,I quit with the premium Nicoderm CQ Clear patches an a healthy fear of smoking with a patch on,CQ stay on till you want them off not like the generic brown ones. Bonus material,Nicotine patch dreams are a thrill ride ! May be too intense,not kidding here. Good luck,I'm smober 6 years.

Back