Anyone have any advice for quitting smoking?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No- I'm NOT chiming in. I'm saying thank you to all the TRF'rs who posted. I only know a few of you personally and what you others may think of me-well frankly, Scarlet- I don't give damn. BUT- I do have a deep, central, core belief that has been demonstrated to me over and again: You never know who's life you have impacted and may never know. You will be lucky if once in your life you get proof. I'm not talking about a spouse or your children-just your random associations. I's ironic that I made a decision earlier today that I NEED to quit smoking and it's really hard. I haven't told my wife, nor anyone until now-except this group of random strangers, of my decision. The urge is overwhelming and I feel sorry for the heroine and crack addicts as now I can relate. I can't even think right now and I think I'm starting to get the shakes. I kinda want to cry, but I'm not really sad-maybe scared? I dunno. I also believe there is a reason people come into your life (see above) that you either teach or learn from. No mysticism here- no religion, just synergism or possibly serendipity. I would normally blow over a thread topic like this-I don't want to hear the preaching and self righteous 'your body is a temple' kinda stuff. But what I read (all the way thru-paying attention) has good merit, pros and cons, and different viewpoints. This alone has helped me form a shaky resolve to help myself. Right now, I am in a big self hate mode and have no confidence I can do this. Yeah- I'll see a Doc, but I really am not going to deal with some upright MF telling me-"see, told you so" I'm not afraid of death-but stroking out or slowly drowning in my own body fluids puts way too much onus on my wife and kids. Thank you guys- sincerely and from the bottom of my heart. I don't even know why I'm posting this-it's gone on too long so-carry on and ignore the random little whiner in the corner. I have a friend (Mark) that swears he quit smoking by building a model railroad (yeah- don't laff-it's more expensive than rockets) so he posted his build-swears it saved his life (check out Spookshow.com) and since this is a trigger, I'll have to learn how to post a build thread as I attempt the same therapy. Help is appreciated, but I think you guys have done enough for me today. Sincerely, thank all of you for even reading this.

Have you thought about doing electronic cigarettes to wean yourself off actual cigarettes? They are pretty darn awesome.

I was not a smoker, but I chewed up until just 2 days ago. I had severely cut my chewing over the last couple weeks of vaping BTW. here is a post I did on here about it: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?50200-Still-smoke-free&p=545111#post545111

8966383576_1861724434_z.jpg

That is a lot of learning what I liked above. You in no way need that much crap to do it. Finding the right flavor of e-juice is the hardest part. I loved some and got sick of them darn quick. It is strange how most are fruit flavor mixes instead of tobacco tasting ones.

It started with my neighbor starting off on the very low end Blu e-cigs that there are commercials for, and then he went through a few other low end e-cigs, and finally gave up on the ones that look like a cigarette, aka cigalikes, and went full on personal vaporizer. He has been off actuall cigarettes for over a month now and is loving the nicotine vaping.

I was able to go straight to vaping instead of messing around with the low end e-cigs and it has been great.

Oh and my wife who has smoked for the past 16 years we have been together finally went with me to pick out some e-cig juice and has been using it for 2 days and has only had 2 normal cigarettes. She is loving it because she can still get her nicotine, still gets to smoke vapor, and she is loving the flavors. Her current is grape mixed with gummi bear. I am full on gummi bear and it is working. I never pushed hard for her to try it, but after seeing our coworker quit smoking by vaping and seeing her brother get excited to try it over fathers day she decided it was time. I had made the offer that I would buy her hardware if she ever switched to vaping and have an order on the way :)

You can slowly lower the amount of nicotine in the e-juice you vape and get it low enough that you can give up vaping all together or keep vaping with no nicotine. I started at 24mg since chew has way more nicotine than cings, and am now down to 16mg of nicotine and cravings have really dropped. I vape less than I did right when I started. It was a strange switch for me though. Chewing is nothing like smoking, but at least I got some nicotine and got to make clouds and smoke rings. It is truly fun to play with.

My coworker saw me vaping and wondered about it. Today he bought me some hot tamales to thank me for introducing him to vaping and has not smoked for 9 days. He ended up taking a bunch of his jackets and other not washed too often clothing in for dry cleaning because he could just smell it coming from his closet. He is just amazed at what he can smell now. He is working with his doctor to adjust his high blood pressure medication because it dropped in just a couple of days from switching to vaping.

If you are not that familiar with e-cigs / vaping, it uses a base of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin to make a water vapor that is infused with nicotine and if you want some sort of flavor. A silica wick moves the e-liquid to a coil of resistance wire wrapped around it near the channel you suck through. There are all sorts of starter kits, but if you have an e-cig / vapor store in your town they will hook you up. propylene glycol has been used in asthma inhalers since the 1950s and it in a ton of our foods. It is darn safe and you can gradually break the habit and still get to "smoke" (vape) so you are not just high and dry like with the gums or patches.

A starter kit will run you $60 and let you vape for about a week. Then it is about $15 a week in e-juice from there once you settle on a flavor you enjoy.

If you have any interest or questions please contact me via PM and I can give you my phone number. It is darn cool.

Good luck. You can do this.

BTW thanks for sharing fyrwrxz. You can do this as well.

Last edited:
I am an ex-smoker - I smoked for 12 years, and quit 30 years ago. There is one way to quit. Put the nasty things down, suck it up, and never pick them up again. Patches, gum, medication? Bah. In the long run they just make the process harder.

I don't buy that exposure will make you start smoking again. When I quit, I was working in a retail setting that sold gasoline and cigarettes. Once I decided to QUIT!! it was simple. Not particularly easy, but simple. Also, I told nobody that I was quitting - it was a couple weeks before my spouse noticed.

Kevin O

This is so true! Just decide you are quitting and quit. I'm an alcoholic and have been sober for 20 months. I drank three 1.5L of whiskey a week and quit cold turkey. I was standing outside on my ranch looking up at the stars one night and thought about how much damage I was doing to my body and my love for my son and wanting to be there when he was a man. I tossed what was left of my drink on the ground and that was the end. I didn't get "help" or go to any meetings, I just used my strongest feeling of love for my son to overcome my desire to drink. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't want a drink, but I have so much more to do in my life that I can't afford to continue killing myself just because my stupid body seems to think it feels good to be drunk. I never smoked, but I do understand addiction. You CAN quit. You just need to want to quit more than you want to smoke. You CAN quit!

Fyrwrxz-
The next few days will be the hardest ever. Dropping a fifth of scotch a day habit was nothing compared to stopping smoking. You will get angry and twitchy. I agree it's easier if you don't tell people or think about it much. But it makes it hard for them to know why your a jerk. When you get the urge, do something else. Eat, drink, shuffle cards, anything til it passes. It will pass. It gets easier. Avoid triggers like coffee or beer for a bit, then slowly go back to them. Get rid of all your lighters. All of them. Ditch all the ashtrays or hide them well. Clean out your car and put in an air freshened.r. Realize in three days, food is going to taste SO much better.

The fact is that large numbers of people have quit smoking using medications, patch, gum, etc., and by talking and thinking about it a whole lot. That doesn't mean some people didn't just tough it out, but it's a fact.

Somebody here asked for "advice for quitting smoking." I happen to think that "shut up and do it" is lousy advice, because the people that works for don't come on forums asking for help.

The advice is sound. Nicatine is out of the system in three days. Cravings after that are all in your head. All the trickery your promoting won't help any if you can't shut up about it, turn your back on it and walk away from it.

Been there, got the T-shirt.

The advice is sound. Nicatine is out of the system in three days. Cravings after that are all in your head. All the trickery your promoting won't help any if you can't shut up about it, turn your back on it and walk away from it.

Been there, got the T-shirt.

If you're not part of the solution, there's money to be made in prolonging the problem

I am not a smoker and never have been. The tread reminds me of something I read that Mark Twain said about 120 years ago. Twain said;"Smoking is not hard to stop, why I have done it hundreds of times!".

The closest I can think to what you are and will be going through, is starting on this keto diet that I am on. If it tastes good, then spit it out. I am only eating proteins and fats currently. No carbohydrates. This make the body use the fat that it has to provide energy. A sort of extreme Atkins diet. I am not hungry. I think I eat from boredom. I eat all that I want of eggs, cheese, meat, avocados, steak, chicken, fish, or some other protein and/or fat. Losing a lot of weight; blood sugar, triglycerides, and blood pressure are way down. I am not taking any medications. So here I am fat, 40 pounds overweight (now) a gourmet cook, and I love bread, cookies, cakes, pasta, etc. Now I can not have anything with flour, sugar, any grain, high fructose corn syrup, potatoes, or anything that will make starch, then sugar in the blood stream. Cold turkey was and is the only way. I do not miss it after awhile. Sometimes I slip. Then I start over. You may have to do the same. Good luck and be blessed. BEAR

GO FIND SOMETHING TO DO! Anything to keep your mind off the urges and withdrawals. They will go away. When they come back, just find more to do. Soon those issues will come farther apart.

Dennis

No- I'm NOT chiming in. I'm saying thank you to all the TRF'rs who posted. I only know a few of you personally and what you others may think of me-well frankly, Scarlet- I don't give damn. BUT- I do have a deep, central, core belief that has been demonstrated to me over and again: You never know who's life you have impacted and may never know. You will be lucky if once in your life you get proof. I'm not talking about a spouse or your children-just your random associations. I's ironic that I made a decision earlier today that I NEED to quit smoking and it's really hard. I haven't told my wife, nor anyone until now-except this group of random strangers, of my decision. The urge is overwhelming and I feel sorry for the heroine and crack addicts as now I can relate. I can't even think right now and I think I'm starting to get the shakes. I kinda want to cry, but I'm not really sad-maybe scared? I dunno. I also believe there is a reason people come into your life (see above) that you either teach or learn from. No mysticism here- no religion, just synergism or possibly serendipity. I would normally blow over a thread topic like this-I don't want to hear the preaching and self righteous 'your body is a temple' kinda stuff. But what I read (all the way thru-paying attention) has good merit, pros and cons, and different viewpoints. This alone has helped me form a shaky resolve to help myself. Right now, I am in a big self hate mode and have no confidence I can do this. Yeah- I'll see a Doc, but I really am not going to deal with some upright MF telling me-"see, told you so" I'm not afraid of death-but stroking out or slowly drowning in my own body fluids puts way too much onus on my wife and kids. Thank you guys- sincerely and from the bottom of my heart. I don't even know why I'm posting this-it's gone on too long so-carry on and ignore the random little whiner in the corner. I have a friend (Mark) that swears he quit smoking by building a model railroad (yeah- don't laff-it's more expensive than rockets) so he posted his build-swears it saved his life (check out Spookshow.com) and since this is a trigger, I'll have to learn how to post a build thread as I attempt the same therapy. Help is appreciated, but I think you guys have done enough for me today. Sincerely, thank all of you for even reading this.

NO,Dont QUIT ,Dont quit trying that is.
I just made 5 months SMOKE FREE BABY!!!!
My only advice is ,dont look at the BIG picture.
Like,ohh,how the hell am I going to get thru this without a smoke,How am I going to eat and not have that after dinner mint,how am I going to..ect.
Youll NEVER quit if you project.
Day at a time,hour,minute,whatever it takes.
Ill tell ya straight up,it aint easy.
Last month after 4 month smoke free,I went thru one of my toughest times...
I rode my motorcycle.
Yup, I rode my bike.
I was so used to going for a ride and then getting to a friends,get off the bike and have a puff.
I couldnt believe after 4 months how strong the urge was to light up.
I realized that this (riding) was on thing I hadnt done since I quit.
Ive had other times like this since I quit.
Another one was when I was working on my pick-up for the first time since I quit.
I crawled out from under it to take a smoke break. I even started to pat me-self down looking for my smokes when I remembered I didnt smoke anymore. WIERD AND CRAZY SH!T MAN.Your gona go thru..stick with it and tough it out.
They say a craving only last 1-2 minutes.
I keep that in mind and found it to be true.Just dont sit there for the 1-2 minutes waiting for the craving to pass. Move on and before you know it..you've made it thru that craving.
You know all about the money,the health,the family,ya da, ya da, ya da..so I wont go there.
One thing I firmly beleave is,if you really want to,you will.
I quit the booze after almost being an alley way drunk,didnt get that bad,but it was close.I quit the drugs,and now the smokes...it can be done. I KNOW,IVE DONE IT!!!!
And I am one of those DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO people.Ill do what I want..well I did what I want ,I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone mentioned that there is plenty of help out there..if you need and want to,USE IT! Its there for YOU!
Anywhoo ,good luck and dont stop trying.
Feel free to PM me if ya want and if ya want Ill give ya my land line #.
When I talk to others and help them,the cool thing,Im actually helping me-self too.

You are WELCOME.
It would be good tho if you used paragraphs. Me-eyes get to jumping all over and I cant make heads or tails outa it.

Last edited:
Find something to replace the oral fixation. Cinnamon sticks help.

All you guys are awesome-thanks! Since I love to light up and surf the net, it's a trigger I guess. So I went out and deadheaded a bunch of flowers and worked out in the yard. Tonight I gonna make dinner and wash dishes, then take out my drill press and make some G10 centering rings for oh, maybe 200 projects. Take a shower, brush my teeth and try to go to bed for a bit. The hardest part will be getting up at 0330 hrs and NOT logging on and NOT having a cup of coffee and NOT lighting up. I should be a monster by noon tomorrow-thank goodness the Viking Princess has to work while Frinckenstien prowls to house looking for things to destroy. I'll PM you guys individually for thanks and gratitude. TRF rocks!

The hardest part will be getting up at 0330 hrs and NOT logging on and NOT having a cup of coffee and NOT lighting up. I should be a monster by noon tomorrow-TRF rocks!
That's what I call "Projecting". Do what ya want. I just dont like projecting things that make me miserable.
Why live it twice, for that matter,you just might have a good day tomorrow and it may not be all that bad.Hard telling not knowing.
Im sure there has been times youve said. .."Man, this is going to suck,then when ita all over and done with,,hey,it wasnt that bad after all."

Last edited:
Two years ago I tried to stop smoking. I went on Champix (that's the name here in Australia) and the doctor said 'Don't try to give up, keep smoking and let the drugs take effect and within a few weeks you'll just forget to smoke'

Neat!

Didn't work. In fact, by the end of it I was probably smoking *more* because of the stress of wondering when I'd 'forget to smoke' ??!!!

I kept smoking for another year - the government smoking cessation program allows you to have one subsidized course of drugs each 12 months. A year later I went on to Zyban (again, the Australian name) and the directions this time were very different.

I had to take the tablets for 2 - 3 weeks and then pick a day to quit. You then kept taking the drug for 3 months.

So, I did just that - and picked a day, from memory, about mid December last year when I had my last packet and said 'this is it'. When the packet was empty, I stopped smoking.

It must be near 7 months now and haven't had another :)

Do I miss smoking? Sure. It was something I did enjoy *mostly* but I could feel it affecting my health and I couldn't afford it financially. There were times, usually right before pay day where I would have to choose between having a proper meal or buying a packet of smokes (they're $15 / pack here and I was smoking a pack a day!) and the smokes would often win :(

Everyone has a different story, a different reason for quitting and a different method to achieve it.

What happens if you try and you don't give up? Try again! These things are designed to keep you hooked and there's no shame in not being instantly successful, just be proud of the fact that you're trying.

Good luck :)

Krusty

Sully, the only thing that we are going to agree on is that different methods work for different people. Notice that I have never once mentioned the various methods of quitting.

I deleted the rest of my post here—having just checked out your profile. Evidently you have strong feelings about the matter and that's good. But please, don't take what they teach you in school as gospel. And please don't wade into a discussion where you have no experience (be glad of that) and don't criticize or castigate someone many times your age and experince who does. That's not to say I can't be wrong or you can't be right, but it's a good rule of thumb and avoids many pitfalls and problems.

Have a good day, Sully. Enjoy the hobby, and name that band. Betcha' can't.:)

Last edited:
Find something to replace the oral fixation. Cinnamon sticks help.

CW,
Sorry, but I gotta agree with Scotty on this one. I tried this route and it seemed to make me think more about smoking when using the substitute. Besides, Cinnamon sticks are harder than Hades to keep lit!
One thing smokers seem to miss is the "burning sensation" in their mouths. Silly, I know, but it's true. Best "crutch" for this is Altoids mints. Chomp down and chew up 3-5 of these puppies, swallow, then take a DEEP breath. The less y'all smoke, the deeper the breaths get!:grin:

Occassionaly I would dream about smoking after I quit... this lasted for about 3 years. Eventually your body puts up natural defences... the smell of exhaled smoke will repulse you, the small of smoke on the person next to you will have the same effect... I still don't know how my wife put up with the odor all these years (she never smoked a day).

Find something else to occupy your time and mind... disassociation from your normal "smoke" sessions is a start... I had to quit drinking, as I always wanted a cigarette when I drank etc.

Occassionaly I would dream about smoking after I quit... this lasted for about 3 years. Eventually your body puts up natural defences... the smell of exhaled smoke will repulse you, the small of smoke on the person next to you will have the same effect... I still don't know how my wife put up with the odor all these years (she never smoked a day).

There's nothing worse than a reformed anything. I know, I are one!:wink:

I didn't want to quit. Wasn't trying to. I got the Totally Wicked vaper and some caramel fluid to stay in compliance at work with the hospital's draconian anti-tobacco policy (it reads, specifically, "tobacco," not nicotine). I've been using that exclusively since August 2012. Think I've had a total of five or perhaps six analog cigarettes since then.

Later!

--Coop

Sully, the only thing that we are going to agree on is that different methods work for different people. Notice that I have never once mentioned the various methods of quitting.

I deleted the rest of my post here—having just checked out your profile. Evidently you have strong feelings about the matter and that's good. But please, don't take what they teach you in school as gospel. And please don't wade into a discussion where you have no experience (be glad of that) and don't criticize or castigate someone many times your age and experince who does. That's not to say I can't be wrong or you can't be right, but it's a good rule of thumb and avoids many pitfalls and problems.

Have a good day, Sully. Enjoy the hobby, and name that band. Betcha' can't.:)

I appreciate the post, and the dialogue. I was a little prickly when I felt you were going after me personally rather than responding to what I said. I like talking with people I disagree with: I usually learn more that way. Maybe I did read too much into what you wrote (I really felt like you were saying, "all the supposed tricks and techniques are BS, just do it") and I can see that maybe you were just expressing one point of view and not generalizing or dismissing others.

By the way, you may have been misled by my profile. You're probably not several times my age unless you're a vampire. :dark: The picture there is of my kids. I do have lots of experience in the area we've been discussing, both personal and professional. I've worked through addictions of my own, my family members, and my patients, and I'm maybe extra-sensitive to talk about strength and will-power. I think that if you can use "strength and willpower" to stop your addiction, then hearing that from somebody else probably isn't necessary because you already know and are doing it. And for people that continue to struggle, thinking about it that way just adds to the guilt and shame they already have enough of, and they can and do get better without that. Why help somebody feel worse if it doesn't help? So that's where I'm coming from, and perhaps you weren't exactly saying what I reacted to.

I just realized the irony that when I quit smoking 17 years ago, I did it pretty much the way you described: didn't talk to anyone or do anything special, just decided and then it was done. I did have the advantage of having the flu and being unable to breathe much for a few days. I found myself working diligently to smoke the few cigarettes I could manage, as if it was my job. That wasn't my first attempt to stop, but hopefully it was my last.

Thanks for continuing the dialogue, it would have been easy for us to keep bashing away. OK, so maybe that band you like isn't so bad, but if you come after me again, I'm going to have to cast aspersions on your favorite sports team. :D

Find something else to occupy your time and mind... disassociation from your normal "smoke" sessions is a start... I had to quit drinking, as I always wanted a cigarette when I drank etc.
I dreamonce in awhile Im drinking.
Boy-o-boy am I a happy camper when i wake up and realize its just adream. I already HATE the smell of second hand smoke and fell sick to my gut when I smell a smoker.

I appreciate the post, and the dialogue. I was a little prickly when I felt you were going after me personally rather than responding to what I said. I like talking with people I disagree with: I usually learn more that way. Maybe I did read too much into what you wrote (I really felt like you were saying, "all the supposed tricks and techniques are BS, just do it") and I can see that maybe you were just expressing one point of view and not generalizing or dismissing others.

By the way, you may have been misled by my profile. You're probably not several times my age unless you're a vampire. :dark: The picture there is of my kids. I do have lots of experience in the area we've been discussing, both personal and professional. I've worked through addictions of my own, my family members, and my patients, and I'm maybe extra-sensitive to talk about strength and will-power. I think that if you can use "strength and willpower" to stop your addiction, then hearing that from somebody else probably isn't necessary because you already know and are doing it. And for people that continue to struggle, thinking about it that way just adds to the guilt and shame they already have enough of, and they can and do get better without that. Why help somebody feel worse if it doesn't help? So that's where I'm coming from, and perhaps you weren't exactly saying what I reacted to.

I just realized the irony that when I quit smoking 17 years ago, I did it pretty much the way you described: didn't talk to anyone or do anything special, just decided and then it was done. I did have the advantage of having the flu and being unable to breathe much for a few days. I found myself working diligently to smoke the few cigarettes I could manage, as if it was my job. That wasn't my first attempt to stop, but hopefully it was my last.

Thanks for continuing the dialogue, it would have been easy for us to keep bashing away. OK, so maybe that band you like isn't so bad, but if you come after me again, I'm going to have to cast aspersions on your favorite sports team. :D
Interesting. We see more eye-to-eye than I would have imagined. Damned internet. Also, I was guilty of making an assumption in my post and I was quite ready and did in fact (until deleted) accuse you of the same. Like the pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway, I don't mind debate—but I really dislike arguing. It's nice to know I'm still capable of being reasonable. On the interwebz, sometimes that gets sketchy. Peace.

Oh, just for the record: Beatles, Roxy Music and Jefferson Airplane. Told ya I was old.:eek:

T plus 14 hours ...or whatever.

How are you doing ? Keep up the good fight !

Every thing from here on out is too pass time while you are not smoking . Cofee candy walking couple of showers shopping more walking - even if you are idle keep your hands and mouth busy.

Kenny

L
There are many methods find the one that works for you. Cold turkey is not for everyone and I've seen people actually crack under the strain of addiction and it makes it that much harder to try again

Me for instance.......i gave up for three years but a sudden massive amount of stress, divirce, my father dying and a child who almost died all within the soace of about six weeks put me right back on them. I also have anger management issues, generally if I am smoking I am quite a chilled person who can laugh at problems, take the cigs away and watch out. I have suddenly attacked people who wound me up and ai dont mean a spat on a board I mean actually phyiscally attacked people like a sudden punch to the face, sometimes the violence is turned inwards with truly frightening results.

I have quit and di quit on sheer will power but it puts me under such huge stress that its more dangerous than smoking, its simply not safe for people around me.

As regards medicinals like patches, inhaltors, zyban etc they have a very poor record of stopping people smoking. If they were successful and workable moreele would quit but if ai had a dime for everyone I know who bought patches or other pharama products and didnt quit for any length of time ai would be launching rockets the size of Arianne about now.
The phrama industry knows this very well and most doctors know it too.

I have tried all sorts in my time, counselling, acupuncture, hypnothereapy, zyban, inhalators, patches, gum and nsone of it has worked, thebonly successful bid was for the years on will power but even then it was miserable for me. Each day a trial of strength and the craving never went away.

Everyone has to dind their own way through it fear and its definitely not a one size fits all fix. The only ray of light ai have found has been the recent e-cigs which at least allow me to stop smoking cigarettes and have something thats better for me. Sadly European governments want to ban them under pressure from the tobacco industry and the pharma industries I dont doubt not to metion the massive tax black hole that a government would suffer.
The most cited reason given though is safety concerns....pardon me.....you dont want me to smoke a product which has unknown risks but your happy for me to smoke one with quite definite high risks.

What always winds me up with a non smoking attempt is people who have quit being smug about it and holier than thou with the 'if ai can do it so can you' well I happen to be heavyweight champion of the wprld, it doesnt mean you can be as well. Each of us is different and so are the rest of us.

I would wish anyone well who is trying, peace out and good luck.

I understand that everyone is different. I haven't done any studies, but every time I see a message board thread about smoking, I see a LOT of people that have quit by just quitting. It seems to be the most common method among those who have quit for a long time. Just an observation... Also, among people I know who have used patches or e-cigs I don't believe any have quit smoking. It must be pretty easy to quit patches and e-cigs, though.

Just upgraded to a carto tank. HJoly hell. I am now down to 12mg of nicotine, so half at where I started.

The wife is 5 days vaping and she picked up a bunch of sweet flavors like fruitstripe, sweet tart, grape, and I mixed gummi bear with dragon fruit. She did hers at 16mg of nic and I dropped to 12. Just about done.

I cannot tell you how awesome my lip feels and how happy the wife being cig free feels. She washed her ashtrays today and asked "where do we put them?" I think they are trophies that should be displayed, but on the counter will do for now.

Last edited:
Just upgraded to a carto tank. HJoly hell. I am now down to 12mg of nicotine, so half at where I started.

The wife is 5 days vaping and she picked up a bunch of sweet flavors like fruitstripe, sweet tart, grape, and I mixed gummi bear with dragon fruit. She did hers at 16mg of nic and I dropped to 12. Just about done.

I cannot tell you how awesome my lip feels and how happy the wife being cig free feels. She washed her ashtrays today and asked "where do we put them?" I think they are trophies that should be displayed, but on the counter will do for now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That's great news!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Krusty

Man- you taught me soo much! Thanks for the links and the back channel encouragement. Never knew about this stuff.

I didn't want to quit. Wasn't trying to. I got the Totally Wicked vaper and some caramel fluid to stay in compliance at work with the hospital's draconian anti-tobacco policy (it reads, specifically, "tobacco," not nicotine). I've been using that exclusively since August 2012. Think I've had a total of five or perhaps six analog cigarettes since then.

Later!

--Coop

LOL! Thanks Coop! I know those 'in the know' may think it's old news,but "analog cigarettes" just lays me out. There is a whole sub=culture out there Beerorkid turned me on to. I gotta try this because it's fascinating. (really-caramel???) Could you use the e-cig batteries for an altimeter??

Back