Another nosecone question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcquown

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do a scratch build and the tubes I have measure 3" ID and 3.125" OD. I've done a quick search to try and find the shoulder diameters of the larger nose cones, but have come up empty. In my open rocket file, I used a LOC 3" nose cone, but I get a warning about discontinuity of parts. I'm not opposed to making one out of styrofoam or balsa, but welcome any info. Thanks

Maybe it just my OCD - but if I were building a rocket with a LOC cone, I would use a LOC airframe. (easy-peasy, fits every time)

If I were building using a non-standard airframe, Custom cone is the way to go.

For what its worth, you can find the dimensions of LOC tubing on their website. ID = 3.00" OD= 3.10"

The discontinuity warning is due to the fact that your custom tube is thicker walled than the LOC tubing, and the OD of the tube is larger than the OD of the nose.

It doesn't effect Anything. Open rocket does this all the time but will not do anything to the sims. If the nosecone fits in your body tube your good.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back