Another E12-6 CATO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbler

Reaction score
I’ve been researching before I bought these a couple weeks ago and thought the manufacturing process had been improved and the motors were more reliable but I guess that’s not the case.B597C963-CD1A-405E-B79C-E240122E83E7.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FB9E87F-72CF-438E-9C85-6F40E3C0C3CE.jpeg
    9FB9E87F-72CF-438E-9C85-6F40E3C0C3CE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2191.MOV
    10.1 MB
...strange you'd get a CATO on a recently manufactured motor. As noted in other posts in this forum, Estes is pretty good about replacing the motors and maybe get you an equivalent rocket. But it does not take in the amount of time, effort and finishing your bird.

Yeah from the research Inhad done, I assumed I was good to go. Yeah a scratch built it and designed parts for the 3D printer so I can make another one pretty easily but the time spent painting sucks!

Give it a try and contact Estes. Over the years, they have been pretty good when I have had issues with parts that needed replacing, with postage at their cost. Never had an issue motors (knock on wood), but others on this forum have had motors replaced, etc.

I recently had another CATO on an E12-4 with the same date stamp. I’ll try and find my first one and post it as well, which was a bit more dramatic!

I recently had another CATO on an E12-4 with the same date stamp. I’ll try and find my first one and post it as well, which was a bit more dramatic!

Ugh sorry to see that! I just bought the same rocket to build last night. I need to find a more reliable motor

Ouch! BTW, I like your rocket. You should consider selling the plans and 3D print files.
Thanks! Honestly I’d be happy to share them are free if I can figure out how to do it. I made a larger version with a BT 80 tube and ice tea yesterday with an F 15–4

Attachments

• 58751721-253F-4CAF-BF3B-52DE7D5D31FD.jpeg
    58751721-253F-4CAF-BF3B-52DE7D5D31FD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2201.MOV
    3.1 MB
Just wanted to let you guys know I heard back from Estes customer service and they said they’re willing to provide me either a big daddy or a star orbiter kit and engines as a replacement. Obviously it’s disappointing and frustrating to deal with the loss of a rocket after you spend the time to build it but I have been doing RC airplanes for 30 years and I’ve never encountered customer service like this. I am truly impressed.

Back