Altus Metrum Tele Mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english_1969

Reaction score
I recently purchase an altus telemini for use in a small diameter rocket.

While 'playing' with it to get a sense of how it worked and figuring out how to program it, I noticed that it doesn't beep.

Perhaps i am missing something, but I certainly rely on an altimeter beeping out the pyro continuity at the pad.

Am I missing something? If I'm not, how does one get this information? I assume I would be using a computer to get the alt and gps status and data, but I can't see having that at the pad.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
W

There's no beeper on the board. So as far as I know, if you can't see the LEDs you have to walk back to the range head and check the telemetry on your computer to verify continuity.

Last edited:
There's no beeper on the board. So as far as I know, if you can't see the LEDs you have to walk back to the range head and check the telemetry on your computer to verify continuity.

ARG!

Thanks for the reply.

You should talk to bdale. It's possible that they expect you to turn the Telemini on during prep, command it out of pad mode, and then walk to the pad with it that way, arming it remotely prior to launch. That's arguably a safety code violation and I wouldn't do it myself.

Also, I can't tell from the manual what the Telemini LED(s) indicates other than packet transmission, and I don't own one myself.

Back