altos on win 7

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawlk2004

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for my L1 and was wanting to look at the altos on my computer so I can learn it and soon setup my easy mini but when I double click on the desktop icon nothing happens not even in my task manager. Can any one help

I'm getting ready for my L1 and was wanting to look at the altos on my computer so I can learn it and soon setup my easy mini but when I double click on the desktop icon nothing happens not even in my task manager. Can any one help

Sounds like you might need to install different java bits -- try downloading new stuff from java.com and give that a try.

I had the most up to date java and it is not coming up about to run update see what there is

ok I just updated its been 2 months since the last update and there was 1 days after my update

Hrm. Well, sounds like your java version is not the problem then. Do you have some anti-virus software installed? Perhaps that's preventing AltOS from running as it's not a known application? I haven't heard of anyone else having trouble on Win 7, and I do regular testing with that here, at least the 64-bit version.

Hi Keith,

I just purchased the TeleMega 2.0 and downloaded and installed AltOS 1.6 and it took me to the JAVA website and installed JAVA 6 update 27 (64-bit). As the person above mentioned, when I double click on the Altus Metrum icon, nothing happens. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core i7-3517U CPU @ 1.9GHz and 8GB ram. I have Trend Micro anti-virus and exited from that program and still nothing. Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Yeah, just uninstall the ancient java bits that AltOS downloaded and install fresh bits. I'll update AltOS so it doesn't bother trying to install anything as we can't automatically install Java anymore.

Back