Air Booth Advice

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
I know this information is around here someplace but the multi-minute loading times have dampened my enthusiasm for looking.

For the artistically challenged and electrically inept (me) what is a good design for a spray booth.

My nephew is going to be renting a duplex from me. To save money, he is subletting the garage back to me to house my rocket shop, make my wife happy and hope that somebody will steal his clunker if it is left out long enough (you'd have to be VERY desperate). I am setting up a workbench at one end, some power tool stations along the middle and a "finishing" area closest to the car opening. I would like to be able to paint my models in there (VENTING!!) instead of under the porchlight at night while wifey is sleeping. I also have to remember that I only have half the garage and I am not allowed to get paint/epoxy/mystery adhesives/etc on Uncle Louie's car.

What is a good design for a booth that will vent the fumes, promote a good finish and handle a pretty good size item. I am thinking mostly of spray paint right now but I do have a compressor and an airbrush...my wife might tell me where she hid it someday...who woulda thought playing with it in the kitchen would have had that effect...I digress...

Are there any recommended threads or plans out there?

Back