AGM-65 Maverick - cluster build?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipperyfrog

Reaction score
I have been lurking here but want to learn more. I played with Rocksim for the first time and came up with this tonight. Really have no clue about the software yet but it looks pretty easy to learn. I'll have to dig deeper and see where everything is as I felt lost. There seems to some good info on this missile already but wanted to get my feet wet without straight copying.

I want to build something along the line of the photo and here is what I came up with.

Your advice and knowledge are appreciated on this. :blush:

View attachment AGM-65 Maverick cluster.rkt

AGM-65_Maverick_MG2.jpg

AGM-65_Maverick_MG3.jpg

Last edited:
I don`t really have any advice for you ,but you did choose a great looking missile !

I plan on a HP scratch version next winter ,something in 5.5 "- 6 " BT ,with custom turned nosecone and molded glass seeker head.

Good luck and post your results !

Cheers

Paul

I'm really just trying to figure out Rocksim. I know where I want to put things but can't find the button on the program lol. Oh well this is how we learn. :p I'll have to look at the actual tutorials. It shouldn't take long as my job by day is using vector programs in the sign industry.

It is a great looking missile. The HP builds are really interesting. I like it for the fact that you can do some fine detail tuning with regards to modeling skills. Rivets, lens, etc.

Last edited:
It is a great looking missile. The HP builds are really interesting. I like it for the fact that you can do some fine detail tuning with regards to modeling skills. Rivets, lens, etc.

I want to welcome you to the forum and tell you that if you are interested in details such as you describe, you would do well to check out many of Sodmeister's threads and see his work. He seems to have a special affinity for military missiles and detailing such that the OEM comes to him asking for advice on what their product should look like.

Looks great! That's a neat missile for sure. Just be sure to pay special attention to the CG/CP relationship. It's not a very stable design, and clustering will add weight where you don't want it.

Be sure to post a build thread. :)

The lens would actually be pretty easy using vacuum form material like scale aircraft modelers use for canopies. It would be pretty lightweight as well.

Back