Aerotech 29mm hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tOD

Sinking in the quicksand of HPR
Reaction score
I've had an Aerotech 29mm reload adaptor system on order from "Vendor X" for months. They say it's Aerotech that's the holdup. I figure it's true since no other vendors seem to have it either. Does anyone else have a similar problem, or know any details about the shortage?

While your order is not with us, AeroTech has been short on all kinds of hardware for several months now. However, I spoke to their GM yesterday and was informed that most 29mm high power hardware was back in stock including the 29mm RAS. Have your vendor check with them and I bet you'll soon be good to go.

While your order is not with us, AeroTech has been short on all kinds of hardware for several months now. However, I spoke to their GM yesterday and was informed that most 29mm high power hardware was back in stock including the 29mm RAS. Have your vendor check with them and I bet you'll soon be good to go.
Thanks for the information. I've been bugging the guy pretty relentlessly. I'll wait another week or so and contact them again if I don't receive a shipping notice.

These vendors have 29RAS in stock:
https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/spacer-system/products/29ras
https://www.balsamachining.com/

I've successfully ordered from both, and would not hesitate to do so again.

a
One off the vendors you mention is the one I'm waiting on. I'm still pretty new to rocketry and not familiar with the vendors. The back order is with what seems to be an established company so I'm sure I'll be getting my stuff. I was checking out another forum and it seems that shortages of Aerotech motor parts are not uncommon. The other vendor you mention is a new name for me and I'll check them out. Thanks.

I am also waiting for a 54mm R.A.S. from vender X. Since November. Aerotech said they would go out to venders months ago. Other venders have them in stock. But I'm still waiting. I dont fly 54mm motors all the time and at every launch. So my wallet appreciates only having to by one case and an adapter set.

I just think that approaching the 1 year point is kind of......... Maybe it's an aluminum shortage. Because from what I hear, there is a demand.

Aerotech???

I am also waiting for a 54mm R.A.S. from vender X. Since November. Aerotech said they would go out to venders months ago. Other venders have them in stock. But I'm still waiting. I dont fly 54mm motors all the time and at every launch. So my wallet appreciates only having to by one case and an adapter set.

I just think that approaching the 1 year point is kind of......... Maybe it's an aluminum shortage. Because from what I hear, there is a demand.

Aerotech???

I'll need to double check, but I'm pretty sure AT's GM specifically mentioned the 54mm RAS's as being back in stock, too.

I'll need to double check, but I'm pretty sure AT's GM specifically mentioned the 54mm RAS's as being back in stock, too.
Yes. And he even posted on the Aerotech open post that they were coming back soon. But just last week my vendor told me they were told they were still at the Machine Shop

I know Wildman got a bunch of AT 29mm stuff in, because I helped him load it in the trailer headed to Airfest. That being said, he went to Airfest, so not much was shipped out last week...

We received some 29 raps systems yesterday’s and sent out some of the back orders now we a4e waiting on 29/360 case for the systems.
54 rases are due tomorrow

We received some 29 raps systems yesterday’s and sent out some of the back orders now we are waiting on 29/360 case and aft closures for the systems.
54 rases are due tomorrow

Back