Aerotech 24 mm D9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtH

Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased a pack of Aertotech d9 24 mm reloads, I did not read the description carefully when ordering, I thought they were 18mm. So when I got 24 mm I was not sure what to do with them. I have a 24mm Big Bertha and 24mm super alpha, I guess these would be good candidates. What do you use Aerotech D9s for?

Hi Kurt, I have had several nice flights using the D9 in a Semroc Aero-Dart and an Mercury Engineering Mutant Daddy.(think Estes Big Daddy). Nice slow lift-off(but not real slow) more total n/s than the Estes D12 so a little more altitude and best of all, the familiar White Lightning loud crackling sound:smile:. I really like for small fields. Gary

If you can get or borrow the Aerotech 24/40 hardware, the D9 is a "half" grain, basically the same impulse as the 18MM stuff. Just for reference the 18/20 reloads are the D13W and D24T.

Thanks

I have the 3 hobby line cases, so I will give the D9 a go in the Big Bertha, or the super alpha, or maybe my 24mm big red max.

Back