Aerocon 60" chute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one as well. They are very light, but you might need to replace the fiberglass lines after a few flights. I believe they are mil-surplus flare parachutes. I haven't dyed mine like Tony has, mine is still plain white.

I, too, have one. I've had some slight fraying of the lines, but for $15 quite the deal. Years ago my Aerocon order qualified for a "free" 16" or so square parachute. Turns out that particular chute worked extremely well as a drogue! Unfortunately, it got singed and is no longer useable. Haven't seen it in their listings.

I have several, and at least one has a cut shroud line, and another has a couple that were partially cut – my guess is from when they were salvaged. Fortunately, the lines are heavy enough that I was able to just overlap them and sew them back together. But it’s worth carefully examining each line and making sure it is undamaged. For the money they are hard to beat, assuming packing size is not an issue. I remember reading how @tfish dyed his chutes and I’ve been tempted to try it, but I’ve not yet gotten the opportunity.

(another) Tony

Last edited:
Back