'Sticky' chute...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ_Ron

Reaction score
Hoping I can find someone on here that has experienced this before and figured out a resolution.
I acquired a few chutes a Balls a couple of weeks ago. One of them is a 60" Sky Angle C2. One of the side panels has a silver coating on one side.
After taking the chute out of the bag and unfolding it, I had to literally peel the silver piece apart from itself. All of the other panels are perfectly normal,
but the silver panel is very tacky. I'm guessing it was in storage for a long time, probably in high humidity. I've had it spread out in my shop for at least a week now
and there's no difference, still very tacky/sticky to the touch. I tried IPA on a small spot, made no difference.
I've emailed B2 Rocketry but got no response and noticed that their website hasn't been updated since 2003. They're obviously still in business.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ron

You may be able to remove the sticky with powder.

I'd try calcium carbonate (chalk dust) or if you can find actual talc powder, use that. It may stick to the "sticky spots" and prevent future issues.

Corn starch that seems prevalent in current baby powders would not be my suggestion.

Back