• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: WTB: TLP Scimitar Plan Pak

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthew

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
I'm after the plans to build the two stage version of the TLP Scimitar.

Performance Hobbies don't list this one in stock.

I've tried emailing the contact address on the TLP site.

Would anyone out there in TRF-land have these, and be prepared to sell them? I'd even be happy to do a deal to return them when I'm done.

Many thanks. :)

https://www.the-launch-pad.com/scimitar.htm

I've built the Scimitar from the plan pack and I think its a much better build than the kit. I'd send you my copy but I gave it to another rocketeer in my club and haven't seen it since.

2 stage, 24mmX3 booster and 24mm sustainer. My first exposure to electronics too :D

If you can't find the plans, I've got a rocsim file that will get most of it. It's lite on details like it doesn't have the ramjets on the outside and you'll have to figure out electronics for staging.

-Aaron

Originally posted by heada
I've built the Scimitar from the plan pack and I think its a much better build than the kit. I'd send you my copy but I gave it to another rocketeer in my club and haven't seen it since.

D'oh! I seem to have a habit of turning up late to the party. ;)

2 stage, 24mmX3 booster and 24mm sustainer. My first exposure to electronics too :D

Yes, this was my intention, too. I've had a burning desire to try both staging, and electronic airstarting. Learning from someone else's design before trying my own seems the sensible thing for me to do. Small, safe steps, and such.

If you can't find the plans, I've got a rocsim file that will get most of it. It's lite on details like it doesn't have the ramjets on the outside and you'll have to figure out electronics for staging.

Thanks, Aaron. I may just take you up on that if it turns out the plans are printed on unobtainium. ;)

I'm still interested in getting these plans if anyone has them hanging about. :)

Back