• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Tilt-a-Pad clones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
I have 10 Tilt-A-Pad clones finished for interested parties.

$25 each plus $5 shipping.

PM me or email me if interested.

Like the originals these do NOT come with launch rod or blast deflectors.

Like the originals these are made of redwood (I only made 10 of them 'cause that's all the redwood I had).

Some have the 3.75" diameter base like the original and some have the 4" base (looks better to me).

https://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/rockets/catalogs/estes64/64est50.html

OK, there are better launch pads out there but this is just a nostagia thing.

Maybe just for display.

Originally posted by sandman
OK, there are better launch pads out there but this is just a nostagia thing.

Maybe just for display.
That's pretty cool :cool: making them out of redwood just like the original.

I still use mine for back yard launching.

Wow! I remember these. I had one.
I had a metal deflector but I also had an angled deflector too. It had an angled metal piece, a block of wood, terminals of some sort with short wires and igniter clips.
Does anyone remember those?
I may have to get one of these to just 'have one.'

Originally posted by bcdlr
Wow! I remember these. I had one.
I had a metal deflector but I also had an angled deflector too. It had an angled metal piece, a block of wood, terminals of some sort with short wires and igniter clips.
Does anyone remember those?
Was it one of the ones shown in the 1961 catalog?

1961 Catalog Launch Equipment

And by the way, if anybody still has one of the tower launchers shown on that page, I've been in the market for one and I'd gladly pay you DOUBLE your original $9.95 investment. :D :D :D

Originally posted by bcdlr
Look at the next page, a slide rule and a "2D Computer" :D
WOW! I had a slide rule back then. I doubt if I could even remember how to use one now. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Gus

No, it was a metal bent up piece, it wasn't curved it was on about a 10-20 degree angle from vertical. On the opposite side was a wooden block with two terminals and the short wires with the igniter clips.
This is the best I remember it. I do remember it slid down over the launch rod.
That was a long time ago...
Probably 1968 or 1969. I was in 6th or 7th grade at the time.
That was probably the only good thing happening to me those summers. My parents broke up about that time.

Originally posted by Gus

Gus, I think I found it or something very close.
1972 Centuri Catalog

Looks like they had it before then but I wasn't sure where to find it in the catalogs. I had an Estes pad, the wooden one, not the plastic one. The only thing that was plastic at that time was the Cox rockets (flew like crap).
Boy were those the days.
Every kid in the neighberhood came over when I launched. It was the only time I was popular!! :D

Dan,

Oh man.

How could I forget?

I had the same one, which you can see in the picture I posted of my cousins launching my Mars Lander.

Back