• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Engine mounts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
Does anyone have any engine mounts for sale? What I would like to have are:

one for 2x24mm
one for 3x24mm
one for 3x18mm
one for 4x18mm

Anyone having any or all of these please PM me.

You're gonna want to visit Thrustline Aerospace. A few years ago I bought some clustered motor mounts off him when he still ran his eBay store. Excellent quality, excellent prices. And he's a member of these forums.

I believe this is his website: https://www.thrustaero.com/

FlisKits has a *really* nice selection of motor mounts, all of those you listed, and more! Once you have one set, you can always make your own too.

Stop by BalsaMachining.com

They have all of those centering rings in a few different airframe sizes (BT70, BT80)

What airframe are you looking to put these in?

The key to your mount is the centering rings.

Then just cut the tubes to the length you want (if you want them minimum length to accept the longest motor you'd put in them, or if you want to use stuffer tubes (which I recommend in cluster rockets)) - add thrust rings - and glue on the centering rings. Motor hooks are optional. Voila! Motor mounts.

Again, all the other stuff is in your spare parts bin. The rings are the "hard part."

All of the vendors mentioned have great products (ours included :) ). You should have no problem finding just the engine mount you need/want for your projects!

Good luck!
jim

Back