• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Advertisement - WTB: Maxi Honest John

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the freshman

Reaction score
I'd like to buy an Estes Maxi Honest John. Doesn't need to be sealed in packaging. I'm no collector; but I'm looking to replace my old HOJO. I just don't want to buy it for the $50 and up E-bay prices.

Oh it's too bad you didn't see a post about 3 weeks ago. Two Maxi HoJos were found at a Hobby Lobby in Louisiana. They were around $17. A TRF member has sent one to me and should be coming tomorrow and someone else took the other. Sorry, I'm not giving mine up, but hope you can find one for a good price.

A few hobby stores in Arizona had the kit (years ago) but even back then it retailed for $64.99. I would be shocked if it could be found for lower than $50. There are a lot of unique parts in this kit which makes it difficult to clone, and I believe that it why it cost so much.

Originally posted by gtm3323
A few hobby stores in Arizona had the kit (years ago) but even back then it retailed for $64.99. I would be shocked if it could be found for lower than $50. There are a lot of unique parts in this kit which makes it difficult to clone, and I believe that it why it cost so much.

Yeah, I know...I guess I'm just hoping for another one of those $17 situations that I just missed this time around. ;)

Back