adding eyebolts, screws, epoxy and other things to open rocket file help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lt72884

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to add eyebolts and screws to an open rocket project?
What about adding in epoxy, or is that done by mass override

Add it as a mass object in the correct spot internally. Rename the mass object to what it is. If you've got them in the correct position, override the mass to what they weigh.
1682392642366.png
Epoxy, you'd need to take a guestimate at until you weigh the component assembly with glue.

Last edited:
interesting. I swear i have seen some OR files that have pictures of quicklinks and eyebolts in the bill of material type list.
Adding as a mass component is just fine since thats the most important part anyway haha

Yes, add a mess of mass objects, renamed sensibly.

For mass of epoxy: put the mixing cup on a team scale. Zero the scale. Add the 2 parts of epoxy, what does it measure?

Mix it and use it. Used it all? Use above weight. Didn't use it all? Weight again, subtract from above. Voila.

ok thanks. I always thought i could add pictures of the item in the list. But i must be thinking of something else. Im fine adding the masses:)

Last edited:
holly hell thats some crazy editing work. Looks great though. lots of time to create those i assume?

is it just a bunch of body tubes moved around to look like a quick link?

I hate you.... :) Will there be a bigger hardware library in OR. @JoePfeiffer
We're talking about ways to save and load part assemblies so you could have something like a motor mount (at present, you need to save a rocket whose only components make up a motor mount, and then when you load it cut-and-paste the motor mount part into your rocket). Once we've got that adding part assemblies to the parts database wouldn't be hard.

Back