A puppy (The TRF dog thread)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would not be fair to the puppy to live with us. We have 6 cats. I would love one, still not fair.
Doesn't matter. We have three cats and two dogs. Until recently, it was three cats and three dogs. They get along fine. (But you do need to be careful).

Last week I had to have my 8 year old Shepherd/Husky mix, Woodstock, put down. He had developed bladder cancer and it was aggressive. This is the first time in 45 years that I haven't had a Canine Kinder in the house.

Woodstock was a sweet, gentle soul and the goofiest dog I've had in my life. :) He spoke Husky all the time. I'm not ready for a new puppy yet but will be in 2 or 3 months.

View attachment 562122

View attachment 562124
Sorry for the loss of your pup. We had to let our two 14+ year old puppers go last year just three months apart.

He looks like he had a good life in his time with you.

IMG_20170821_142343587.jpg
Our Oscar died last year. He was a special little guy. When we first saw him at our local animal shelter, it was obvious that he had had a rough life. One of his front legs had obviously been broken and not properly treated. When we took him home, we saw signs that he had been mistreated in other ways. But he quickly learned that he could trust us and we gave him the good life that he deserved.

Oscar loved attending rocket launches - especially the attention he always received from kids.

We recently started checking the local animal shelters and rescue groups looking for a small dog. The other day, our county animal shelter listed a small dog they had named "Felix." After "Oscar," "Felix" seemed appropriate, like some sort of sign, so we went to see him. Unfortunately, he wouldn't have been able to get along with our cat, so we will continue looking.

Here's Max the dachshund greeting me after leaving him with my sister-in-law for ONE night so I could leave out early to go to a launch.

Max being nice.jpg

Here's Max and Minny the chihuahua helping me play Jeopardy. If the category was what's on top of a house, how does sandpaper feel or name a great baseball player with the first name of Babe, we had it aced.

Max & Minny.jpg

AH3d9wa.jpg

The 3rd week of July I adopted a Rescue dog and named him Sisu. He's 61% Siberian Husky, 31% German Shepherd, 6% Malamute, and the rest White Shepherd. He's from the Leech Lake Indian Rez in Minnesota as were my last two dogs who were both wonderful Kinders. He'll be 5 months old this week and he's doubled in weight since I got him. He's a joy! I am blessed.

Attachments

• Lap Dog.jpg
    Lap Dog.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Sisu 02.jpg
    Sisu 02.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Sisu 05.jpg
    Sisu 05.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Sisu 09.jpg
    Sisu 09.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Sisu 10.jpg
    Sisu 10.jpg
    671.2 KB · Views: 0
The 3rd week of July I adopted a Rescue dog and named him Sisu. He's 61% Siberian Husky, 31% German Shepherd, 6% Malamute, and the rest White Shepherd. He's from the Leech Lake Indian Rez in Minnesota as were my last two dogs who were both wonderful Kinders. He'll be 5 months old this week and he's doubled in weight since I got him. He's a joy! I am blessed.
There’s a lot of brains and a lot of stubborn in that mix! He looks like a great dog.

Hokushika, our fourth Akita and third rescue.

Well, he looks like an Akita, but it turns out he's half Akita, half cat, half Martian, half trickster coyote, and half polar bear. I know that's a lot of halves, but he's not constrained by things like "logic", "physics", or "the spacetime continuum," so it actually adds up.

He's basically bombproof (he won't even get out of the way for a shop vac), but also basically untrainable, so I can't really take him to a launch — instead of enjoying rockets I'd have to spend all my time keeping him from sticking his nose in every body tube he could find!

Attachments

• IMG_20221015_174803801.jpg
    IMG_20221015_174803801.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back