• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

9/16" Tubular Nylon for Sale. Cheap too.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuddrucker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Selling 100' lengths of 9/16 Tubular Nylon for $9.00, or buy as much as you want for $0.09 per foot. May not be a single 100 foot piece (this is rare though). Textile NSN 8305-00-082-5750, 1,500 nominal breaking strength, nylon, 9/16" inch, gold I.D. threads. Perfect for shock cords on mid and high power rockets! I have several thousand feet available.

Please send PM if interested, or email me directly at "[email protected]" (The first letter is a Q) Shipping and handling will be based on your zipcode, via 2-3 Day Priority Mail, so please include your zipcode so I can give you an exact shipping cost. I accept PayPal, Cashiers check, and Money Orders. Sorry, NO Personal Checks. Use PAYPAL for fastest turn around.

Thanks!

...Fudd

I ordered 100' last summer and got it in 3 days! Just wanted to let everyone know its good stuff at a good price, and great service :)

Ben

$9.00 for 100' of 9/16 Tubular Nylon. May not be a single 100 foot piece (this is rare though). Textile NSN 8305-00-082-5750, 1,500 nominal breaking strength, nylon, 9/16" inch, gold I.D. threads. Perfect for shock cords on mid and high power rockets! I have several thousand feet available.

Please send PM if interested. Shipping and handling is a flat $7.20 (2 Day Priority Mail) to anywhere in the U.S. I accept PayPal, Cashiers check, and Money Orders. Sorry, NO Personal Checks. Use PAYPAL for fastest turn around.

Thanks!

...Fudd

I've bought like 400' of this stuff from him in the past. Definitely good to work with. Communicates well and gets it too you quick.

Carl

Selling 100' lengths of 9/16 Tubular Nylon for $9.00, or buy as much as you want for $0.09 per foot. May not be a single 100 foot piece (this is rare though). Textile NSN 8305-00-082-5750, 1,500 nominal breaking strength, nylon, 9/16" inch, gold I.D. threads. Perfect for shock cords on mid and high power rockets! I have several thousand feet available.

Please send PM if interested, or email me directly at "[email protected]" (The first letter is a Q) Shipping and handling is a flat $7.20 (2 Day Priority Mail) to anywhere in the U.S. I accept PayPal, Cashiers check, and Money Orders. Sorry, NO Personal Checks. Use PAYPAL for fastest turn around.

Thanks!

...Fudd
This should be in the vendor section.

Sweet... I just ordered 100'. My first Yard Sale purchase :)

Thanks! Can't wait!

I find it curious the need to move a post of one that wasn't a vendor, but this sale is clearly someone vending and it remains in the yardsale.

I find it curious the need to move a post of one that wasn't a vendor, but this sale is clearly someone vending and it remains in the yardsale.

If you're really that concerned, please stop posting in this thread and PM a moderator... let them decide.

Please just give it up! He is not vending he is having a dutch sale. If I have 100 body tubes to sell and am selling them at a $1.00 ea. anm I vendor then??

Ben
And then you buy another 100 and sell them,..

If he were selling THE spool, that would be one thing. Maybe if he only did it once. But he's buying spools, cutting and selling lengths. The recovery vendor at our local launch does the same thing. So they could post here too?

However much he's selling, does it really matter?
IMO, the vendor section should be for vendors (meaning they have websites, many components... at least more than TN).
Does it really decrease your enjoyment of using TRF that someone selling something might have posted in the wrong forum (I'm not saying he did... it's just a general question)? Also, only mods can move posts, so it might be best to ask them.

And then you buy another 100 and sell them,..

If he were selling THE spool, that would be one thing. Maybe if he only did it once. But he's buying spools, cutting and selling lengths. The recovery vendor at our local launch does the same thing. So they could post here too?

No he could not because he is a vendor and not just a fellow rocketeer selling off some private stock. So what if he has multi rolls and is selling it in 100 feet pieces.

Even if I'm just selling soda at a launch, I'm vending.

So I'm selling a 2 liter bottle and sell it off one glass at a time,..

Then I buy another and do the same next month,...

A vendor has to have products on a website? That's not what's been established. A vendor is defined as one that sells.

What decreases enjoyment of the forum having a vendor list individual items here.

Common... then there should be no yard sale area! Seriously, if it truly bothers you *that* much, please talk to a mod or at least start a new thread...
this thread has been hijacked enough...

BTW, Fudd, did you get my paypal $? Were you able to mail the TN out today?

Thanks!

oh my god Just give it the hell up!!! Is it that big of a deal? Next time I have something to sell I will put it in the vendors just to make you happy ok?

Ben
I do not see why you are confused. If you sell a motor casing or rocket kit you don't need, that's a personal item.

If you buy a bunch of motors, soda or TN and resell them, you are a vendor.

Not sure why you need turn that into a personal attack.

First, *please* start a new thread. Stop hijacking this thread. It is just annoying.

Second, does it really bother you so much? Why do you care that it is posted in what you think is the incorrect forum? Does it really hurt you?

Third, what makes you think Fudd is reselling it? He could have happened onto it, bought it long ago and no longer needs it, etc.

First, *please* start a new thread. Stop hijacking this thread. It is just annoying.

Second, does it really bother you so much? Why do you care that it is posted in what you think is the incorrect forum? Does it really hurt you?

Third, what makes you think Fudd is reselling it? He could have happened onto it, bought it long ago and no longer needs it, etc.
First, I guess you missed last weeks thread.

Second, if it bothers you so much, don't open the thread.

Third, simple. Review posting history and see that he has been selling recovery components including TN. If I am a vendor, he is cutting into my business. We're not talking a personal 100' he is selling. "1000's of feet."

What was last week's thread?

Also, as for the vendor section, from my experience, that is for vendor announcements, not sales...

Also, I see that you are not a vendor, so if it doesn't bother the other vendors, why does it bother you?

Vendor = A manufacturer or supplier of an item.

however it fits the guidelines stated at the top of this forum
"If you have an item for sale and would like to let the members know, here is where you put it"

so it looks like the post is ok here

the vendors section is more for mainstream suppliers and more importantly> experiences with vendors, and vendor feedback

Vendor = A manufacturer or supplier of an item.

however it fits the guidelines stated at the top of this forum
"If you have an item for sale and would like to let the members know, here is where you put it"

so it looks like the post is ok here

the vendors section is more for mainstream suppliers and more importantly> experiences with vendors, and vendor feedback
Someone called spam when a non-vendor posted here. You think vendors should post here?

He is cutting material to length so he is manufacturing. When a small recovery vendor buys materials to make chutes, they personally own them as well.

"If you have an item for sale"
There are several prior posts of items that were not posted by the owners ("my friend has a..."). Those personal item posts should be in the vendor forum?

Perhaps product announcements and items for sale make better titles?

Even if I'm just selling soda at a launch, I'm vending.

So I'm selling a 2 liter bottle and sell it off one glass at a time,..

Then I buy another and do the same next month,...

A vendor has to have products on a website? That's not what's been established. A vendor is defined as one that sells.

What decreases enjoyment of the forum having a vendor list individual items here.

Most city ordinances allow for "Yard Sales" to occur no more than 3 times in a year before it's considered a small business. The last time Fuddrucker posted an advertised sale item was 5/30/06. In 2006, this member sold FOUR items. The infrequency of posting items for sale did not raise any unusual concerns nor did it appear that this member was given any unfair advantage to compete and undercut other vendors who participate on this forum. Additional research on this particular member's profile indicates their willingness to simply participate on this forum as a contributing member, and NOT as a vendor. Heck, Fuddrucker even offered to give away a gift certificate in early January.

While we certainly don't appreciate how you have chosen to handle this situation - even to the encouragement of other members to report the issue to a moderator - we do appreciate your bringing this "gray" area issue to our attention. This thread will remain in the "Yard Sale" forum.

Most city ordinances allow for "Yard Sales" to occur no more than 3 times in a year before it's considered a small business. The last time Fuddrucker posted an advertised sale item was 5/30/06. In 2006, this member sold FOUR items. The infrequency of posting items for sale did not raise any unusual concerns nor did it appear that this member was given any unfair advantage to compete and undercut other vendors who participate on this forum. Additional research on this particular member's profile indicates their willingness to simply participate on this forum as a contributing member, and NOT as a vendor. Heck, Fuddrucker even offered to give away a gift certificate in early January.

While we certainly don't appreciate how you have chosen to handle this situation - even to the encouragement of other members to report the issue to a moderator - we do appreciate your bringing this "gray" area issue to our attention. This thread will remain in the "Yard Sale" forum.

thank you for clearing it up :)

Ordered 200' had it 2 days later, good stuff ! Thanks Fudd

Back