-

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations. Good alt way above old archive record.

I am a big fan of the Large Rocket altitude. I have a very similar rocket I used for the old I motor record, Diff it did not have the straight section after the boat tail.
I had it prepped to go again several years ago with a better motor when the TRA records committee changed to the requirement of using their altimeters (I will not play that game). It is still prepped and I am planning to launch this upcoming weekend weather permitting but not for a record.

Mark

I had an idea to take this record, but it devolved slightly into an attempt to take the G record, and on its trial flight it went badly unstable.

My original strategy for taking this one was staging a G138 to a G54 with a minimum diameter booster pushing a boattailed sustainer, using short bits of launch rod as interstage coupling. But it simmed to about the same altitude as what your more recent attempt achieved, so it's probably not worth the effort.

It looks like I got the altimeter you used for the handicapped record for my attempt this weekend: your flight was still on there!

Back