EVENT 2024 Rocketry South Carolina Launch Schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have postponed next weekend's launch due to weather. Too darn windy.

January was canceled - One weekend was too darn windy, and the other is gonna be too cold.

It is 23 right now on the field. Wind chill would make that colder than heck. Good thing we canceled. External body parts would have been in jeopardy.

February 4 Launch Cancelled.

We have had no one, either on the field or online, tell us that they plan to fly February 4, so we are canceling the Sunday launch.

Posted video from the extra launch for the VA Tech test flights. Watch on Youtube for the best info I have in the description.
Launch
VA Tech Flights

It's a tough start for the year - two months have already been canceled.

I plan on making it out next Saturday. I'll be bringing some of my sugar motors to static fire (have my own stand and everything needed). This will be my first time to this club. Anything special I should know? I've read through the website and will pay the fees at the field.

I plan on making it out next Saturday. I'll be bringing some of my sugar motors to static fire (have my own stand and everything needed). This will be my first time to this club. Anything special I should know? I've read through the website and will pay the fees at the field.

No. Do you have any questions?

Not really. My test stand is fully independent (using Eggplant's RMTS) so I'd just need a place I can stake it into the ground for ~F-H motors. Cast last night and will be planning out what motors to burn today.
The batch I cast did not turn out. I'm guessing moisture and am drying out the problem ingredient, but as a result I won't be going. I don't see the point in driving ~2hrs with nothing to test/fly. I'll try again in July at the next TRA launch.

The batch I cast did not turn out. I'm guessing moisture and am drying out the problem ingredient, but as a result I won't be going. I don't see the point in driving ~2hrs with nothing to test/fly. I'll try again in July at the next TRA launch.
We will look for you in July.

Back