2016 F1 Season Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always a big fan of the sound of the 3 liter Ferrari V-12s ...

But then, why not Le Marsellaise?
[video=youtube;HSNAtKhzBKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNAtKhzBKQ[/video]

Sounds better than the last Frenchman I heard singing it ;) I wear a set of Zalman 6 way headphones. There's 3 speakers on each side. Made for gaming there's actually few games that support them but the results are fantastic, you can hear things coming up behind you and to what side they are. In normal stereo all 6 speakers are driven so the sounds of these race motors are the best :)

Sound recording does not do the Matra justice. It was one of only a handful of road racing engines that threatened to take the top of one's head off.

I was always a big fan of the sound of the 3 liter Ferrari V-12s ...

But then, why not Le Marsellaise?

Finally watched Monaco yesterday...re: Ricciardo's tire change incident, was it really only 5 seconds? It felt like half an hour when I was watching it.

A question probably asked (and answered) in some foreign language like an Italian racing magazine in some depth. But I bet next time it's the team manager and no one else ;)

I like the new track. Rosberg did win from the pole but there was actual passing on the outside in some of the corners, I have never seen it to this extent ever in any series. The designers hit a home run with the Baku track :)

I like the new track. Rosberg did win from the pole but there was actual passing on the outside in some of the corners, I have never seen it to this extent ever in any series. The designers hit a home run with the Baku track :)

The race turned out better than I expected but I think that's largely due to the fact the drivers were well behaved. I think the track is WAY too narrow in spots and there was nary a crane to been seen anywhere unlike Monaco. How are they supposed to get disabled cars off the track quickly? Had there been any wrecks like when Rosberg and Hamilton got into it a while back, you'll need to red flag the race for a while. Race organizers got lucky this time.

Latest posts

Back