1st reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Che

Reaction score
This past weekend I used some re-loadable motors and I really liked it. I had heard both good and bad things about both AT and Cesaroni, so I purchased both brands to see which I liked better.

Darn it, wouldn't you know it that I really enjoyed using both of them. I used a CTI Pro29 case and three or four different reloads. Easy as pie and I really enjoyed drilling out the delay.

I also purchased an AT 24/40 case. Not so easy the first time around as the instructions/pictures are less than perfect. I don't know why they don't have an exploded diagram naming the parts. That would have made it super easy. That being said, after the first time... easy as pie and putting it together was really enjoyable.

My best advice for anybody putting their first motor together is to not be afraid of the superlube. I went light on the superlube for the first flight and the case was a bit difficult to clean. next few times I used a good amount of lube and life was much easier.

Anyhow, I really am looking to do a lot more MPR and my L1 in the near future, so I am happy that I didn't have any issues with the reloads as I was sure that I was going to build it wrong an CATO.

So all in all, I am happy and will probably pick up another AT-24/40 case, as well as an AT-29/40-120 case.

I have already picked up a number of CTI cases. Good stuff. Now all I have to do is save for some reloads!

I also purchased an AT 24/40 case. Not so easy the first time around as the instructions/pictures are less than perfect. I don't know why they don't have an exploded diagram naming the parts. That would have made it super easy. That being said, after the first time... easy as pie and putting it together was really enjoyable.
You are quite right about that. The most time-consuming step in the whole assembly is identifying the parts on the list to verify that the kit contains everything that is needed and so that I know which part is which.

One of the more satisfying aspects for me is knowing that I can reuse both the rocket and its motor again.

Last edited:
Back