10 cent BT-50 clear payload at Michaels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Swift

Reaction score
There's a 90% off sale on Christmas items at my local Michaels Art Supply. I found some clear payload tubes that looked somewhat like chocolate-filled candy canes. ;) They are an almost perfect BT50. Cost after discount is 10 cents. As a bonus the chocolate is not bad either.

ok i have a question arn't they to thin?? I am looking for a replacement for my nova payloader.

ok i have a question arn't they to thin?? I am looking for a replacement for my nova payloader.

Without actually putting my hands on the candy cane, I'd guess that it would be strong enough after installing a properly fitting nosecone and bulkhead. They will give it more strength.

BTW, Semroc has BT-50 clear tubes if you want something a little thicker.

Generally Not Char:
I've used lots of clear polyethtlene packaging tubes from candy, small toys and other junk picked up at the dollar store. Once you get the shoulder and cone in it as tbzep said they are plenty strong for LPR's;)

Actually; I usually look for the packaging "the thinner the better". Every little bit of excess weight we can eliminate give the model just a little be better performance.

Back