1/70 scale Mercury Redstone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampage364

Reaction score
Thanks to Semroc and Excelsior Rocketry, I've completed my 1/70th scale Mercury Redstone.....but it just won't look right until it sits next to a Semroc Saturn 1b!

It's scratch built. The capsule is Semroc's NC-51MR, the tube is Semroc's BT-51. Decals are from Excelsior Rocketry. The model is 1/70 scale. Estes kits were 1/35th and the K-41 was about 1/43 scale. It will be flying on a 13mm A engine. First flight will be this weekend at the Mad Anthony Regional in Ft. Wayne

Nice looking Mercury Redstone for that scale! Keep us posted
on future developments, will you?

Originally posted by Rampage364
It's scratch built. The capsule is Semroc's NC-51MR, the tube is Semroc's BT-51. Decals are from Excelsior Rocketry. The model is 1/70 scale. Estes kits were 1/35th and the K-41 was about 1/43 scale. It will be flying on a 13mm A engine. First flight will be this weekend at the Mad Anthony Regional in Ft. Wayne

I know I could jump to the SEMROC website, but I take it the BT-51 is a 24mm tube? The model looks great, congratulations!

The BT-51 tube is the special tube Estes made for the 1/70 scale Saturn 1b. These tubes make up the eight fuel tank. The BT-50 tube fits perfectly inside the BT-51 and can be used as a coupler .

I finally have all of the parts together to build mine, just got finished scaling out all of the components, in fact.

Any thought that you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Back