Estes Mercury Redstone build/update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShakyShane99

Reaction score
Hello since my last post I been really hooked, decided to try building a scale Mercury Redstone from Estes and so far it’s going together great! But I realized I may have made a mistake. I put together the entire capsule and tower without painting it. My first thoughts were maybe the glue wouldn’t be as affective if I painted it first. Now I’m a little worried. Here is some pictures. Now one idea I have is brushing it but I have never done that. Also I put the motor mount in slightly so that I could add a layer of glue to seal the mount because it felt slightly loose in the body tube compared to most other rockets I assembled. This is my first scale model attempt. I’m probably going to buy another and try even harder to perfect it for looks and launch this one. That’s what the ugly ducklings are for 😁. Also to update from my last post I have lost my Bullpup 12D 😭 it flew so perfectly and beautifully on a c6-5 and the breeze took it into the woods, searched for it for half a day and a stick went threw my shoe and punctured my foot. Left me in bad shape for a week. Also lost a alpha. But replaced both rockets just need to build one and paint one. I also have check mate I can’t wait to build and 4 or 5 others.

Back