1/50 scale Saturn 1b

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sorry lamart72...no updates. My intention was to get it finished and take it to Midwestpower this weekend, but my father in-law hasen't been doing very well lately and had to scrub the launch. Maybe in the spring.....who knows.

Martin...your Saturn 1b is awesome!! beautiful job with her! Wally Schirra would be proud!!!

No sorry lamart72...no updates. My intention was to get it finished and take it to Midwestpower this weekend, but my father in-law hasen't been doing very well lately and had to scrub the launch. Maybe in the spring.....who knows.

It looks great! I started working on mine again after putting it away for almost 2 years. It will be almost identical to yours except that I am using a 38mm central tube and will have an interchangeable motor mount for either 4 24mm or 1 29mm or 1 38mm motor. I only have the 4 24 mount built so far. I will also have 4 outer 24mm mounts built into the lower section. I really want to fly it as an 8 engine cluster.

Good job Martin on the Saturn 1b... It really looks great. I wish I could have made it to Midwestpower last weekend myself.
Paul

Back