Need HELP with Stonebreaker fin dimensions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Launch Lug

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building my first MPR. I love to scratch build so I opted to not buy a kit. I really like the simple and sleek look of the Dynastar Stonebreaker so I'm going to build one based on this kit. The only real part that I need help with is the dimensions of the fins. I know the shape from the pictures but just don't know the actual sizes. Could someone who has one of these rockets please take some measurements of both the main and smaller fins and post them here. A link that contains this info would be fine too if there is one.

Thanks!

Hmmm? Now if I only had Rock Sim! :D Just Kidding! Do you know if the Free Trial version of RS that Apogee carries would have the same modeling of the Stonebreaker? I may download it if no one can come up with anything. Of course I could guesstimate based on the pictures, I don't really need it to be perfectly identical but if someone had one and could take the measurements that would be ideal. Thanks for the suggestion!

in case you don't have rocsim. I went ahead and printed the template for you.

I don't know how this compares to the real thing but it's the best I could do
hope this helps

-Z

bullpup-9956.jpg

bullpup-9957.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That's perfect!!! Thank you for taking the time to do that. Would there by chance be a template for the smaller forward fins too? If not no big deal.

:headbang:

Hey, no problem. I had some time to kill. Guess I overlooked the strakes. here they are.

Have fun

-Z

bullpup-9958.jpg

open rocket is free and you can download the stonebreaker file from apogee and put it in open rocket

Phoenix and Cudda. Thanks for pointing me to that useful little bit of info. I downloaded the Stonebreaker RS file and opened in OR but unfortunately it's not the right rocket. It's named ATScam. It measures only 14" long with a BT-50 frame and the nosecone is different. Although the basic fin shape and placements are the same its clearly not the correct file for the Dynastar Stonebreaker. That's ok because I already got the dimensions from Zetoyoc but I will definitely keep that in mind for future builds.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Back