CAD Software On Shape fine guide help needed.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptHaywire

Reaction score
I am new to Onshape, and I've come across a 3-fin template that I've modified. However, there's one dimension that eludes me. I would like the ends of the template to be a bit sturdier as they currently appear too thin. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate or edit this particular dimension. Please feel free to assist in editing the drawing. Thanks!

Feel free to let me know if you have any specific preferences or if there's anything else you'd like to add or modify!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b...renderMode=0&uiState=65dcd1489d8b6538b8db1229

You'd have to go into the sketch and make adjustment to the lines to lengthen them.

Or use openscad... There are a few decent fin guide templates for it

Were you able to modify it the way you want? If not, I can help you out. In the image below, I widened the ends a bit. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.

Randy

FinJig.jpg

Search for "3 fin jig - modified" and copy that. I added rounded corners. If you don't want them, just exclude them from the extrude.

Randy

Back