Names

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boopyg

Reaction score
I got my second rocket yesterday, an easy to build 2 stage rocket. It is a mongoose and instead of using the stickers, I was going to paint on a name. Please suggest names I could use.

Boopy^2?

How 'bout introducing yourself as well as we're "Getting to Know You..."

Well, my name is boopyg and I have just recently built my rocket and launched it of at school as an elective. Sometime soon(probably Friday) I am going to take both of my rockets and a few of my friends to launch at the local soccer field. Anyways, I have been fond of rockets for a long time but haven't checked them out until about 4 weeks ago. The one I built at school was an Alpha. I think we launched off with a B engine but I am not sure.

Now I just need a name for my rocket and I will be ready to launch Friday.

How about "Slippery Slope"

experienced rocketeers will tell you that you are on the edge of a SS

Welcome to the forum *and* to rocketry :)

You're going to like both activities, beleive me.

a name, eh?... hhhmmmmmmm

"Duck, Duck, Goose"? :)

"Mother Goose"

"Honk Honk"

(in a silly mood tonight :) )

jim

Originally posted by jflis

(in a silly mood tonight :) )

jim

Haha, you're always in a silly mood. :) but that just makes your posts more fun to read ;)

Originally posted by Nate
Haha, you're always in a silly mood. :) but that just makes your posts more fun to read ;)

Right on both counts there nate :D

Originally posted by Judo
NOOOOO! NOT A SOCCER FIELD!!!!!

:eek:

When you have some time...a lot of time...read through this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25768

Again, welcome.

Wow, that would really stink. I play soccer and I can't believe a soccer coach would do that! I think I have come up with my name for the rocket. "Jupiter". A "tribute" to the new CD of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I may paint it blue with a hint of white.

Originally posted by boopyg
I got my second rocket yesterday, an easy to build 2 stage rocket. It is a mongoose and instead of using the stickers, I was going to paint on a name. Please suggest names I could use.

Welcome to rocketry and TRF. Its a fun hobby, and you might actually learn something from it! For names, how about "Bye Bye Goose", since I've never had a 2 stager that I didn't lose.

-Paul

Derka-Derka

Ralph

"June Starlette" So sweet & sexy, yet she's always out of reach!

"The great [place or origin] double shot"

"The Cobra's folly"

Cosmic debris (or Uncle Meat, or Sheik Yerboutie... wait, copy rigths.... :D )

Bienvenue au forums!

Stand up and tell us more about yourself... :D

I think I have come up with my name for the rocket. "Jupiter". A "tribute" to the new CD of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I may paint it blue with a hint of white.

Good choice! Quite a few TRFer rockets are named after favorite rock bands, albums, or songs. I, personally, have Halo Eight [alternative name of Nine Inch Nails' "The Downward Spiral"], and Fascination Street [The Cure].

If it comes with a sticker with the original name, you can anagram-up a name from the letters. Here are some:

GONE OM SO
GONE MOOS (cow theme?)
EGO MOONS
GOES MOON (not bad, hey?)
GOES MONO
EGOS MOON
ME GO ON SO (workable)
ME GO NO SO
ME GO SOON (I love this one)
OMEN GO SO
OMEN GOOS
MESON GOO (with a little modification)
OMENS GOO
SOME GOON
SOME GO ON
SOME GO NO (probably not the best name...)
NOSE GO OM

Be creative and toy with the LCO:

"On pad 3, Boopy will be launching fill in the blank "

"The Neighbor's Dog"
"Something Inappropriate"
"I Can't Say That in Public"
"Human Snot"

I guess Rikki Tiki Tavi is too obvious of a name for a mongoose?

Cobra Killer?

If it's a two stager...

Gone in Two Shakes of a Tail?

John

Continuing the anagram theme:

Sego Moon II

Decal Idea

Or I do graphcis for people, I could take the sego lily and merge into a moon graphic for a nice look. Anyway, you get the idea.

Or you could skip the decal and just go with the sego color scheme, a pearl-white rocket with yellow nose and orange tip (flecked). Maybe a moon in the rocket name taking the place of one of the O's in MOON.

Lots of fun.

How about the meerkat or the suricate? They are members of the mongoose family.

Back