Is it true?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CATO

Reaction score
I wen't to buy some E 9-P's for my modified Tres, and the guy at the hobby shop said that estes no longer makes an E due to eccesive Cato's. Is this true, or did he mishear me and think I was asking for the old type of estes E (forget the average impulse on those, 15?)

If I remember correctly, Estes dropped their E9-0 and E9(P) motors. You might be able to find some leftovers online somewhere?

The E9-0 never made it to the shelves IIRC. I have never heard any such thing about the other E9s, including the -P

You should ask him what he means.

The older E15's were prone to CATOs, but that was over 10 years ago.

The newer E9's aren't a problem, and are still current product.

E9-P's may not be in *current* production but there is still plenty of available stock out there to be had.

so there is a reasonably good chance I could get some e 9 p's at my CMASS launch tommorow by a vendor?

all e9s exept the e 9-0 are on the website, but I have found that the estes website is not updated that frequently.

Have you called Estes?

Originally posted by CATO
I wen't to buy some E 9-P's for my modified Tres, and the guy at the hobby shop said that estes no longer makes an E due to eccesive Cato's. Is this true, or did he mishear me and think I was asking for the old type of estes E (forget the average impulse on those, 15?)

I would think the E9 would be considered a gold mine to Estes.

I have also heard that E9-0's were made and certified but never made it to market. I guess they thought they weren't powerful enough to be an effective booster motor.

I certainly hope the E9-P is still available, that's a great motor for Art Applewhite 24mm oddrocs.:D

At my two local hobby shops they are always in stock. But they only carry the E9-4, E9-6 and E9-P they don't carry the E9-8. But one motor Estes need to bring back is the A10-0.

...and the B14-anything would complete the trifecta.

Back