What is your favorite kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micromister is right, there are soooo many great kits that should be named here!

Rocketjunkie is certainly right, the Goblin is a fantastic bird and I would love to have another one someday.

Whoever named the original Interceptor was also on the mark. I wish I still had mine.

I don't quite know why, but if I have to name only one, I keep coming back around to the Fat Boy. There is something in that design that appeals to the little kid in me (he's in here somewhere, well hidden) and I just love it. It's fun to fly, easy to see, makes great demonstrations, is adaptable to clusters and D/E/F/G power. I have even converted some Baby Berthas to Baby Fat Boy configurations, and they are just as much fun for me to launch. Fat Boys RULE!

My Beautiful modifyed Tethys

R.I.P: 3rd August 2003

This is it on J350

Originally posted by powderburner
I don't quite know why, but if I have to name only one, I keep coming back around to the Fat Boy.

Fat Boys should never be built stock. Mine has 12 13 mm mounts.

My favorite kits are the PML Tiny Pterodactyl, and the Estes V-2.
you have a pic of that Fat Boy Rocketjunkie?

Definitely my PML Tethys. I've flown it about 15-20 times this summer. It always flies great. Here it is on an I218R.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
Fat Boys should never be built stock. Mine has 12 13 mm mounts.

Isn't that the truth. I built mine with a 29mm mount to go along with my Big Daddy.

Favorite fat rocket: LOC Warloc

Darn things just keep getting bigger.

Al:D

oh, and I just saw a pic of one launching at NARAM 45 that I had forgotten about...

... The Omega 2-stage D carrier for the Cineroc...

big-n-beefy!

My favorite would have to be the Horizon from BSD. This rocket is simple to built and are made tough. I liked it so much I bought another on and modified it with 7 X 29mm motor mounts.

My original 4" kit:

My favorite rocket that I have would be my Aerotech Wart-Hog. My favorite rocket I have seen fly would the Amraam or Phoenix.

Originally posted by eugenefl
Sweet rocket Rocket Flier! Nice work! That yellow flame looks great!

She really screams on 7 G40's. I'll looking for enough land to put her up on 7 G80's

Latest posts

Back