Beware The New J350...it's Bad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apexturn

Reaction score
Many of the new Aerotech J350' s will cato on ignition. Beware! You either need to return them to Aerotech or core them with a hand drill and a 1/2" bit. I found out the hard way flying 2 J350's in a Bruiser-EXP...very costly but very exciting event.

I feel your pain. I believe it is due to the grains being soft. They have a fix for that. I have a can full of grains for the J350 and can't use them in that configuration.

So, where are your pics? :D

We learned the hard way, also. My dad tried his L2 at NYPOWER, and had a cato. Not much damage, all repairable(thank god he foamed the fin can!!!!) Since then, we have used two more of the newer J350's that have been cored, and they worked great. The only problem is that the motors severly "burp" in mid burn, creating weird thrust increases, that sent the motor 1/2" into the motor mount of his L2 rocket!! The J350 is a great motor, and we look forward to flying it a lot in the future, when they get it figured out:)

P.S. Everyone wish me luck, I'm trying one in my Magnum this weekend, along with two G33's!! If I have time, it'll go.

Back