Eggfinder Treat-No-Trick Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the Black Friday Preview orders without LCD receivers have been shipped. I'm still waiting on the LCD PC boards (ran out and had to reorder...), I'm expecting them Friday or Monday. I'll kit and ship them as soon as I get the PC boards, thanks for your patience. I plan on having lots of inventory for the "real" Black Friday sale...

I plan on having lots of inventory for the "real" Black Friday sale...

I think you're gonna be swamped. People seem to be coming around to the fact that you have an awesome product Cris. And with Conner doing assembly's......Wow.

I spent the afternoon cutting the box for the ltd opening as listed in the instruction manual. When I finished I tried the lid in the opening and discovered that the lcd is 2 7/8 x 1" not the 2 5/8 x 3/4" listed. Do I have the correct lcd panel?

Last edited:
I spent the afternoon cutting the box for the ltd opening as listed in the instruction manual. When I finished I tried the lid in the opening and discovered that the lcd is 2 7/8 x 1" not the 2 5/8 x 3/4" listed. Do I have the correct lcd panel?

I call it out a little bit smaller so that the opening comes up to the inside edge of the LCD panel's bezel, not the outside. It looks better that way. I WILL check my dimensions, though...

BTW, I know that one of the holes on the PCB is slightly off... it's fixed in the next batch. Funny thing is that only one person caught it... if you drill the case lid's holes slightly large, you can't tell.

I call it out a little bit smaller so that the opening comes up to the inside edge of the LCD panel's bezel, not the outside. It looks better that way. I WILL check my dimensions, though...

BTW, I know that one of the holes on the PCB is slightly off... it's fixed in the next batch. Funny thing is that only one person caught it... if you drill the case lid's holes slightly large, you can't tell.

That make sense, I was expecting the lcd to sit flush with the face of the box.

I tried that the first time I cut up the lid, it was a disaster. You have to get it EXACTLY right. Unless you're much better at this kind of thing than I am, it's not going to look very nice. If you have the display below the opening, there's a lot more fudge factor room... even if it's off a bit it will still look decent.

I tried that the first time I cut up the lid, it was a disaster. You have to get it EXACTLY right. Unless you're much better at this kind of thing than I am, it's not going to look very nice. If you have the display below the opening, there's a lot more fudge factor room... even if it's off a bit it will still look decent.

My initial cut was not so nice, that's why I tried fitting the lcd in the opening and had the question about the size of the lcd. I will clean it up some so it fits flush and have the local laser cutting person make me a nice bezel.

Received my Treat no Trick special $50 TX today (923 Mhz)... sat down to solder at 8 PM (cheated by looking at my 915 mhz TX while skimming the instructions) and finished and had it flashing and transmitting to the previously built LCD RX by 10:30 PM....

Thanks for the special...

Back