Another interesting Kickstarter project w/rocket applications...the UNIBURR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperfixr

Born Again Rocketeer
Reaction score
Check it out. I've mangled all-thread in the past, and using this is a whole lot easier than replacing the whole thread. I got the standard version.

Hmm...looks like what I've done with a Dremel in times past. My only reservation with something like that is that it is destroying threads, where you may not have that many extending past the nut after assembly to begin with. I think I'd much rather use a die or other re-threading tool and clean up the threads properly.

Hmm...looks like what I've done with a Dremel in times past. My only reservation with something like that is that it is destroying threads, where you may not have that many extending past the nut after assembly to begin with. I think I'd much rather use a die or other re-threading tool and clean up the threads properly.

+1 on that.

Plus with a die you can load it onto the threads, attach the handle, and thread up through the bad part.

This seems like a good idea, and I intend to buy for myself and my dad, but it's a handyman/industrial object, where more length and weight aren't as huge a concern.

Back