certification details

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
The way I understand it, as an adult all I have to do for L1, L2, and L3 certification is fill out the right forms, have a sponsor, and run a successful flight of the appropriate category. Is that it, or is there a written test component or some other aspect of the program?

Also, other than age what is the difference between L1 and L1 junior? Is there an L2 junior or L3 junior?

So, written test for L2 but L1 is only the flight?

Also am I correct in assuming that the junior program ends at L1?

In NAR, the Jr program ends at L1. TRA allows you to fly whatever your mentor is certified to. L2 has a test and L3 has a lot of paperwork...

Actually the Jr. programs in both NAR and TRA are participation programs as it is not legal for anyone under 18 to process a high power motor.

The Jr. member can build the rocket but a senior member must assemble and insert the motor and igniter, and the senior member's name appears on the flight card.

A NAR Jr. Member in good standing is automatically granted L1 certification status when he/she reaches 18.

Bob

Latest posts

Back