54mm scratch built rocket!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primativerocketry

Reaction score
This was a project i started a long time ago just finished recently due to many reasons but any way it weighs 2-3 pounds i like to fly it on a G-185 vmax i have never got an altimeter in the damn thing because my altimeter 2 wouldn't charge luckily i sent it back and got a newer version that hopefully charges! I have flown it 4 times and its came back in one piece all but the last flight i had. The problem k had with the final flight was just a delay that was drilled to long and it zippered and separated at high velocity :( here are some pics!ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1413419867.623520.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1413419959.841453.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1413420063.091569.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1413420099.593431.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1413420132.160792.jpg

Is that a Quad Pod holding the orange and white rocket? Oh wait, a quad pod has 4 legs.

That's great and all but I think it should be in the "High Power Section".

Interesting method of spacing the fins during assembly. Did you cut pieces out of the ring that was the same width as the fins?

With a 38mm MMT, this can certainly be a HPR rocket, but if you're only flying G motors in it, it fits in the MPR forum just fine IMHO.

If you do decide to start pushing it with L1 motors, be careful. those fins look like they would be very susceptible to fin flutter.

Interesting method of spacing the fins during assembly. Did you cut pieces out of the ring that was the same width as the fins?

With a 38mm MMT, this can certainly be a HPR rocket, but if you're only flying G motors in it, it fits in the MPR forum just fine IMHO.

If you do decide to start pushing it with L1 motors, be careful. those fins look like they would be very susceptible to fin flutter.

Yes i over did the fins a bit... :)

Back